SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Season Discussion Thread #15

Feb. 20, 2022 at 1:47 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
??

You obviously don't know(hint look in the background?
Feb. 20, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Gmonwy
You obviously don't know(hint look in the background?

I still don't know lol
Feb. 20, 2022 at 1:57 a.m.

Coupla bangers lol
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 3:05 a.m.
What in tarnation
One thing that signifies Finland's great tournament was our 5v5 play.

After the first game against Slovakia in which Slafkovsky scored twice, we did not let a single goal at even strength in the entire tournament.

That's unprecedented in modern hockey.
MatthewsFan and yikes liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 6:44 a.m.
Wow, I’m gone for the night, I come back, the Leafs made a minor move and now I have about 10 pages to catch up on so sorry for the big post with multi quotes

Quoting: aadoyle
We got in trouble for to many men during the first period. Meanwhile Blues just had 7 men on the ice for the third and no call the guy even played the puck...

Dont be going "oh we deserve it nonsense"

Blatant missed calls and favouritism like this hurt the game

“Changing is allowed when the outgoing player is within 5 feet (1.5 m) of their bench”, while it is in the literal sense too many men, it’s not per the rules as none of the outgoing players touched the puck and they switched close to the bench.

On the topic off the Ritchie deal, i think it’s fair, Arizona gets some assets for players on expiring deals who were probably leaving and someone they apparently wanted but who’s most likely a cap dump while the Leafs get some serviceable depth and clear cap for next year

Quoting: capsfan2121
Oldnyifan was saying the zary + lucic for Hoffman is a terrible trade because lucic is better than Hoffman

Well, it is a terrible trade, Lucic’s contract isn’t that bad and Zary’s one of Calgary’s best prospects but Hoffman is better than Lucic, though they’re both not great
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 6:49 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Wow, I’m gone for the night, I come back, the Leafs made a minor move and now I have about 10 pages to catch up on so sorry for the big post with multi quotes

“Changing is allowed when the outgoing player is within 5 feet (1.5 m) of their bench”, while it is in the literal sense too many men, it’s not per the rules as none of the outgoing players touched the puck and they switched close to the bench.

On the topic off the Ritchie deal, i think it’s fair, Arizona gets some assets for players on expiring deals who were probably leaving and someone they apparently wanted but who’s most likely a cap dump while the Leafs get some serviceable depth and clear cap for next year

Well, it is a terrible trade, Lucic’s contract isn’t that bad and Zary’s one of Calgary’s best prospects but Hoffman is better than Lucic, though they’re both not great

I know. Thank you for the feedback. I need to get better at making trades that aren’t related to the capitals
Feb. 20, 2022 at 9:10 a.m.

To that too many men point, your quote is only referring to when the player on the bench is allowed to step onto to the ice. Neither player involved in the change is allowed to play the puck or otherwise involve themselves in the play until the outgoing player is on the bench. It was a penalty; a blues player that came on played the puck before the extra guys were off. Same call went against the Leafs earlier in the game - and it was the right call. Mikheyev (I believe that's who it was) was standing right next to the bench, but Nylander had hopped on and played the puck before he was off.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
To that too many men point, your quote is only referring to when the player on the bench is allowed to step onto to the ice. Neither player involved in the change is allowed to play the puck or otherwise involve themselves in the play until the outgoing player is on the bench. It was a penalty; a blues player that came on played the puck before the extra guys were off. Same call went against the Leafs earlier in the game - and it was the right call. Mikheyev (I believe that's who it was) was standing right next to the bench, but Nylander had hopped on and played the puck before he was off.

Read the bold
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 9:51 a.m.
Read the bold

I did read it, which is why I responded the way I did:

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Read the bold
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
If I was the leafs I would trade for a player like Scott Mayfield in a package which included holl.
I would also somehow acquire jt miller.
Then a mrazek for fleury swap.

Miller - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
Mihkeyev - Kerfoot - Kase
Whoever you want.

Rielly - Lybushkin
Muzzin - Mayfield
Sandin - Brodie

Fleury - Campbell

Leafs cup contenders.

gotta specify who’s being traded otherwise it might not work lol
Saskleaf and capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
I doubt it. Their holes are 2 top pairing defenseman. But I think they would do zary + 2nd + lucic + 3rd for Hoffman + pezzetta

in what world is michael pezzetta worth a third
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Zuki9797
in what world is michael pezzetta worth a third

He's not, but Montreal shouldn't trade him unless that's what they can get for him
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
cautious optimism
Jean-Francois Berube is officially starting tonight. What.
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 10:54 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Bobcat205
Jean-Francois Berube is officially starting tonight. What.

capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:47 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: SevenLeg

👏Dubas👏Is👏A👏Good👏GM👏
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121, aadoyle and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Zdeno Chara will tie Chelios for the most GP by a defenseman on Tuesday.
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121 and Devil liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: yikes
👏Nill👏Is👏A👏Bad👏GM👏

Agreed
Kotkaniemi15, capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Agreed

Is bmac a good gm. What do you guys think
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Is bmac a good gm. What do you guys think

Not bad, could improve though
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Not bad, could improve though

Agreed. Some bad decisions on contracts. McPhee is an idiot for trading Forsberg away
Feb. 20, 2022 at 11:59 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Zuki9797
gotta specify who’s being traded otherwise it might not work lol

1st + Niemela + Robertson + Engvall + Dermott? With miller retained 50%
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Agreed. Some bad decisions on contracts. McPhee is an idiot for trading Forsberg away

Every Habs Made mistakes.
Rask for that other guy,
Domi for galchenyuk
There was almost a trade that was subban for 4th overall pick, nurse, draisaitl.
One again, maybe washington wouldn't have been able to develop forsberg.
I didn't like the mantha trade by maclenen tho
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Just saying we got in trouble for the same thing but we had 6 guys on lul. But anyways on the trade. I like it for Toronto. Nothing flashy and by the TDL we can maybe move Kerfoot for someone else as his value rn is good. Especially when people forget hes making 750k in actual dollars rn (probs less by the TDL lul)
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: aadoyle
Just saying we got in trouble for the same thing but we had 6 guys on lul. But anyways on the trade. I like it for Toronto. Nothing flashy and by the TDL we can maybe move Kerfoot for someone else as his value rn is high enough.

Miller + Mayfield + Fleury
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 20, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.
Miller + Mayfield + Fleury

Im done with Miller. Fun fact we could have had him in 2018 along with McDonagh for almost nothing but Lou was like you know what lets go get 4c depth when we had Kadri, Matthews, and Bozak...

Made a post along time ago explaining it

Basically in 2017-2018 Leafs could have ran

JVR-Matthews-Nylander
JTM-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Moore-Komarov

Rielly-Hainsey
Mcdonagh-Cole (Cole traded for almost nothing at that TDL)
Gardiner-Polak

Anderson
McElhinney

Mayfield could explore but I feel we need a strong puck mover more rn.

Fleury I feel is going home to Pittsburgh. Desmith is that teams one weakness so why not get Fleury back and go Jarry/Fleury
capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll