SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #17

Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
I hate your fan base too!

I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, Saskleaf, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leaf fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.

Don't forget mitchmarner 16 also!
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:34 a.m.
Farewell
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Don't forget mitchmarner 16 also!

Indeed! Mea Culpa MitchMarner 16!

Here, fixed: I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, Saskleaf, mitchmarner16, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leafs' fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:35 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

Here, fixed: I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, Saskleaf, mitchmarner16, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leaf fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.

LeafsFanForSomeReason is a good one as well. I like his takes.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:40 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I hate your fan base too!

I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, Saskleaf, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leaf fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.

First off, appreciate the shout out 🙌🏻

Most of these noddles are not fans and just trolls

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope 🤞
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:42 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Here, fixed: I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, Saskleaf, mitchmarner16, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leafs' fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.

Quoting: SevenLeg

Oh I agree sometimes they get way out of hand to the point where I go bruh

Like honestly did they not learn from last year you bash on a goalie that goalie gonna leave rebound and make em look stupid
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:42 a.m.
Farewell

Agreed, fixed again:

I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, LeafsFanForSomeReason, Saskleaf, mitchmarner16, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leaf fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 1:56 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
K my ideal TDL and I put alot of thought into this

Trade 1: Chicago

Hagel + De-Haan to Toronto

2022 1st + 2024 3rd + Robertson + Voit to Chicago

Trade 2: Arizona pt.3

Dermott to Arizona for Fischer

Might add more but rn I would be okay if it was just this.

It checks off things some fans have been asking for and you get your guy with term. De-Haan could sign a cheap extension to who knows.
capsfan2121 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:01 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
I remember when ducks fans told me they wouldn't trade comtois for caufield straight up. What a joke for comtois.
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:03 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I remember when ducks fans told me they wouldn't trade comtois for caufield straight up. What a joke for comtois.

Ducks fans still think hes got value and got mad when I said I wouldnt trade Engvall for this version of him lul

Comtois has been awful this season to the point where hes been a healthy scratch MULTIPLE TIMES. That amazing season he had be looking more and more like a fluke.

At this point 4th round pick is what I would offer especially at that cap hit coming back lul.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:38 a.m.
Since the bad southeast road trip, the Flames have had a 10 game winning streak (outscoring opponents 42-15), an 11 game home winning streak (outscoring opponents 53-15), and currently have an active 12 game home point streak. In their last 9 games against playoff teams they've won 8 of them by a combined score of 44-19 (pretty much winning 5-2 on average), see below for the matchups, many of them were dominant wins. Of lines with 200+ mins TOI together this season, the top line of Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk is 4th in xG% with 62.6% and the second line of Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman is 1st in xG% with 64.5% (Boston's top line is 2nd with 64.2%, Toronto's top line is 3rd with 62.8%, Dallas's top line is 7th with 60.5%, and Colorado's top line is 16th with 57.1% for comparison). In terms of actual goals percentage for lines with 300+ mins TOI, the top line is 4th at 73.8% and the second line is 4th at 71.4% (the first three are Minnesota's GREEF line [is that their 2nd or 3rd line?], Carolina's 3rd line, and Tampa Bay's 4th line lol, Colorado's top line is 5th at 66.7% and Toronto's top line is 7th at 66% for comparison). The top line is also 5th in GF/60 with 4.5 and 12th in GA/60 with 1.59, and they have the most time together of any line in the league by well over 150 minutes lol (640, Dallas's top line is second at 473). The second line is 6th in GA/60 with 1.14. The 3rd line just added Toffoli. All 3 defense pairs have a xG% of 58.5% or better, and all 3 are in the top 5 among D pairs with 300+ mins TOI together (Grzelcyk-McAvoy is 1st, Toews-Makar is 3rd, Calgary's 3rd pair is 2nd, 2nd pair is 4th, and 1st pair is 5th). Markstrom has been rock solid with a .925 SV%, 8 shutouts, and +17 GSAx. (3rd among starters/5th among goalies with 20+ starts, 1st by 3 shutouts, and 6th in the league respectively) and should be in the Vezina conversation (probably Shesterkin's to lose, but Marky should be 2nd imo). Are the Flames a legitimate contender now? Everything seems to be clicking, they have high end talent that dominates, very good depth, very good defense, excellent goaltending, and play very well-rounded hockey up and down the lineup, there aren't many weak links (other than Sutter preferring to play the likes of Ritchie and Richardson over Dube and Ruzicka smh). They're also not pushovers physically, as Zadorov, Gudbranson, and Lucic are huge and physically dominant, and there are a bunch of chippy players that don't shy away from getting mixed up in the dirty areas up and down the lineup, including Tkachuk, Coleman, Toffoli, and Lewis. I can't wait to see them in the playoffs. This Sutter style seems much better suited for that kind of hockey than the Flames of years past, and I really think it should translate effectively to playoff success. When they had that rough stretch of losing to Tampa Bay, Florida, and Carolina, then coming home and losing to the Sens, it seemed like their main weakness was secondary scoring, because the top line is so strong and consistent that it seems like they're just a given to score a goal or two every game, and when they don't it sucks. Since then they've added Toffoli to the 3rd line, Mangiapane has figured out how to score at home (at the 20-goal mark he had 19 road goals and 1 home goal lol), Coleman's bad luck has gone as it seems like he's settled in now (8 goals and 19 points in 25 games since Christmas, compared to only 4 goals and 7 points in the first 27 games), and even Ruzicka was able to add a little bit of scoring capability to the 4th line with 3 goals and 6 points in his last 14 games, although he's now been scratched for a few because Sutter hates rookies.

Recent record vs. playoff teams:
4-3 W (OT) @ COL (with Vladar in net)
5-1 W @ MIN
7-3 W vs. MIN
5-2 W vs. TML (second half of a back to back)
6-0 W vs. VGK
4-3 W @ DAL (came back from 3-1 down with 6 minutes left in the 3rd to win in regulation)
5-1 L @ STL (second half of a back to back with travel)
7-1 W vs. STL
5-1 W vs. FLA
capsfan2121, MatthewsFan, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 7:03 a.m.
Not good enough imo.
Raymond = 2nd line on contender
Seider = 2nd pair on contender
Nedeljkovic = tandem goalie

How? Seider and Raymond easily look like the real deal. Nedeljkovic I get but Raymond and Seider are definitely on the trajectory of being a 1st liner
EsoYeezus69, DirtyDangle, Remus and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 7:06 a.m.
I know we’ve talked about the Leafs a lot so I’ll give my 2 cents, you need to help Campbell, whether it’s in load management or surround him better and you need a 2nd pair D, run with, ideally, Dermott and Lilly are scratched, and you run with something like Reilly-Brodie, Trade guy -Holl/Lyubushkin and then Sandin-Holl/Lyubushkin
Saskleaf and capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Go leafs go
Agreed, fixed again:

I'm telling you, the only normal, decent Leafs fans that I know of are Matthews fan, LeafsFanForSomeReason, Saskleaf, mitchmarner16, and aadoyle. The rest of their fans are awful. Jack Campbell hasn't been good lately, but he's a terrific guy with an absolute heart of gold-literally one of the nicest, sweetest people in the game. The Maple Leaf fanbase doesn't deserve him, as proven by the above remarks. Garbage, utter morons. It's one of the reasons why everybody loves to see the Leafs lose.

While there are other decent maple leaf fans, as a whole I completely agree: the leafs fan base is awful. Easily the worst in the league.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

Going to the game today
Hopefully they don't lose
Saskleaf, capsfan2121, MatthewsFan and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: Devil
I know Dubas said he doesn't want to trade a 1st or a good prospect for a dman but if the Leafs want to make it past round 1, they have to
Panthers look scary. Lightning always show up in the playoffs. Bruins catching up to Toronto.

It's not that he's unwilling to move his 1st or a good prospect, it's that it's not going to happen for a rental. To me, that's absolutely the right decision; he'd have to be off his rocker to trade anything of consequence for an expiring player unless some absolute sweetheart deal falls into his lap. They're far from a perfect team and they aren't one piece away from pushing themselves over the top. They're getting shaky goaltending and they've got to get through Tampa or Florida, or both just to make it to the semis (unless Boston catches them like you said, which is looking more and more like a possibility, but even then you're just subbing Carolina into that mix)... This is just not the year for rentals.
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, MatthewsFan and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Edited Mar. 6, 2022 at 9:41 a.m.

Thanks man. You're not so bad yourself smile
Saskleaf, capsfan2121, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Not good enough imo.
Raymond = 2nd line on contender
Seider = 2nd pair on contender
Nedeljkovic = tandem goalie

I can assure you, Seider is not on the 2nd pair on a contender. He is likely the 1D on a contender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN_9abdlKNA

Check out that video. Breaks down all the little things he does so well. Reminds me of Hedman
capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 10:34 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: aadoyle
People forget since Joining the Leafs Jack has been one of the best goalies seen in a long time. Tied Carey Price's consecutive win record last season. He has a slump last year and nobody batted an eye. This year Im seeing a repeat of what happened with Freddie. He slows down people bash on him gone. And if were not careful Campbell is next.

didnt he do it against carey price as well or is my memory failing me
Mar. 6, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
People forget since Joining the Leafs Jack has been one of the best goalies seen in a long time. Tied Carey Price's consecutive win record last season. He has a slump last year and nobody batted an eye. This year Im seeing a repeat of what happened with Freddie. He slows down people bash on him gone. And if were not careful Campbell is next.

Jack has be absolutely amazing since joining the Leafs, no doubt. But my concern is for Campbell this is not the first time he has dealt with confidence issues. After the 2010-11 season, Campbell started on a downward slide. He completely lost confidence in himself. In an interview published in the Globe and Mail on February 12th, 2020 (How ‘lost soul’ Jack Campbell rediscovered his love of hockey) Campbell reported that he actually got to the point where he “Didn’t even know how to stand in the net anymore.” During the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons, Campbell found himself bouncing back and forth between the Texas Stars of the AHL and the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL. Then goes from being a 1st round draft pick to being traded for Nick Ebert on June 25, 2016, to LA. Campbell gives two goalie coaches credit for helping him turn his game around and rebuild his confidence in LA. Dusty Imoo (that’s not happening) and Bill Ranford.

I really hope he can regain his confidence and form from early in the season but the Leafs are playing a dangerous game on ‘WHAT IF’ should he not be able to. We have seen examples of suspect Dcores going on a run in the playoffs but not bad goaltending. Closest thing I can think of is Antti Niemi (Blackhawks 2009).
zk97, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 12:17 p.m.
Wayne Simmonds is only the 5th black NHLer to play in 1000 games, I was kinda shocked to read that.
capsfan2121, zk97, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Zuki9797
didnt he do it against carey price as well or is my memory failing me

No Markstrom
zk97 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 12:31 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Jack has be absolutely amazing since joining the Leafs, no doubt. But my concern is for Campbell this is not the first time he has dealt with confidence issues. After the 2010-11 season, Campbell started on a downward slide. He completely lost confidence in himself. In an interview published in the Globe and Mail on February 12th, 2020 (How ‘lost soul’ Jack Campbell rediscovered his love of hockey) Campbell reported that he actually got to the point where he “Didn’t even know how to stand in the net anymore.” During the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons, Campbell found himself bouncing back and forth between the Texas Stars of the AHL and the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL. Then goes from being a 1st round draft pick to being traded for Nick Ebert on June 25, 2016, to LA. Campbell gives two goalie coaches credit for helping him turn his game around and rebuild his confidence in LA. Dusty Imoo (that’s not happening) and Bill Ranford.

I really hope he can regain his confidence and form from early in the season but the Leafs are playing a dangerous game on ‘WHAT IF’ should he not be able to. We have seen examples of suspect Dcores going on a run in the playoffs but not bad goaltending. Closest thing I can think of is Antti Niemi (Blackhawks 2009).

I’ve felt like that before. It’s really sucks. Don’t wanna play anymore but sorta have to. I’m happy for him.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

zk97, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: capsfan2121

return of czarnik to NYI lmao
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Mar. 6, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121

Welp, Lou gonna Lou I guess
capsfan2121, zk97, DucharmetheDOMinator and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll