SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Discussion Thread #17

Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: MatthewsFan

A resounding ‘hell yes’ to this. Why???

cause why put a young player in need of development on the PP when you have Wayne Simmonds!?!?!?!?! wink
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:46 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
cause why put a young player in need of development on the PP when you have Wayne Simmonds!?!?!?!?! wink

Thoughts on tonight’s game
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:47 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I am 95% certain they showcasing him for a trade.

Not to much ice where he could get hurt, just the right amount to show what he can do.

And Simmonds despite his recent numbers still is an asset on any PP. Just never could get set up tonight lul. After all being second behind Ovie back in the day is not something to overlook

Besides people forget Robertson has 2 good teachers in Spezza and Simmonds on his line. 2 vets with tonnes of knowledge and experience to absorb. While not ideal its not bad as some people make it out to be.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: aadoyle
Refs really trying to help Caps win

Guess Engvall is a Jedi as he was no where near enough to trip Wilson lul

Those refs should not call another game this year. it was so awful to the point where Marner and Hathaway collided going for a puck, Marner then grabbed Hathaway's back and then his leg away from the play, then Marner shoved Hathaway back to the ice one last time, all of this when the puck is gone mind you, and the ref standing (i kid you not) TWO. FEET. AWAY. decided to just walk away.(don't think the TV caught it, I saw it in person near my section). It was also at the point where a PP would have been hugh for WSH with the game still tied at 3.

Not trying to blame the loss on the refs because that defense was an affront to the game of hockey, but that was horrible officiating.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:50 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
I am 95% certain they showcasing him for a trade.

Not to much ice where he could get hurt, just the right amount to show what he can do.

And Simmonds despite his recent numbers still is an asset on any PP. Just never could get set up tonight lul. After all being second behind Ovie back in the day is not something to overlook

It just feels as though you double up on the same player with Spezza and Simmonds both out there when you could use a guy like Robertson to get to the next level on that second PP. might just be me though
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
It just feels as though you double up on the same player with Spezza and Simmonds both out there when you could use a guy like Robertson to get to the next level on that second PP. might just be me though

I think the reason hes not on the PP is chemistry. Our PP's were rolling (till tonight) and so why ruin it. I know Robertson's abilities but I feel Keefe is waiting for him to fully settle in. Probs will be on unit 2 against Buffalo.

Still hes been doing alright in the minutes hes getting and the more he plays well the more he will earn. But I still feel they are limiting his minutes in an attempt to showcase while trying to prevent an injury.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Feb. 28, 2022 at 11:53 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
I think the reason hes not on the PP is chemistry. Our PP's were rolling (till tonight) and so why ruin it. I know Robertson's abilities but I feel Keefe is waiting for him to fully settle in. Probs will be on unit 2 against Buffalo.

Fair enough then. No one probably saw Washington's garbage special teams managing to outclass one of the better PP units in the league.
capsfan2121 and aadoyle liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:14 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
J Quick looked shaky right from 1st puck drop.
5-0; yanked.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:23 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I wonder what Boston will do with the goaltending next season. As with Swayman playing this well he will probs be the starter moving forward and then the question becomes why have a 5mill backup in Ullmark beyond this season.

To bad for the NMC as Sweeney would probs get a sweet return from Edmonton for Ullmark.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:33 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
I wonder what Boston will do with the goaltending next season. As with Swayman playing this well he will probs be the starter moving forward and then the question becomes why have a 5mill backup in Ullmark beyond this season.

To bad for the NMC as Sweeney would probs get a sweet return from Edmonton for Ullmark.

Small sample size for Swayman so I think they go with the two of them next season.
At times in 2021-22 Ullmark was 1a and had the net for now the cage is Swayman's; for now....
For next yr, they are still less than US$6M combined and that's sweet in a flat Cap world.
aadoyle and AndrewLadd liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.

oilersguy, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 4 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:54 a.m.
I make typos
Edited Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899

he isn't wrong tho, it is really stupid name
Mar. 1, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Db1899

good to know that Jack Edwards and I both have strange late night, sleep deprived (maybe) musings...
Db1899, capsfan2121 and yikes liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 1:21 a.m.
For rentals hes untouchable

But for guys with term candidate to be moved

Basically he wont be moved for a rental come the TDL (Domi, Copp, Stasney, etc.). But say Chicago calls and says we will give you Hagel for him and a pick done.

Honestly I've been thinking about Chicago, they seem like a great trade partner for the Leafs if they decide not to pursue a guy like Giordano. 1st+Robertson+Holl for Hagel+de Haan (50% retained)? Hagel's contract is beautiful for the value he provides, they shed Holl's cap next year, and bring in a serviceable, defensively oriented rental veteran to stabilize the blueline for now. I'm not really sure there's a legitimate RHD target that fits the Leafs need, and probably not even a LHD that isn't a pure rental (Gio would work imo but he's a pending UFA).
aadoyle and capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 1:28 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 1, 2022 at 1:37 a.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Honestly I've been thinking about Chicago, they seem like a great trade partner for the Leafs if they decide not to pursue a guy like Giordano. 1st+Robertson+Holl for Hagel+de Haan (50% retained)? Hagel's contract is beautiful for the value he provides, they shed Holl's cap next year, and bring in a serviceable, defensively oriented rental veteran to stabilize the blueline for now. I'm not really sure there's a legitimate RHD target that fits the Leafs need, and probably not even a LHD that isn't a pure rental (Gio would work imo but he's a pending UFA).

Honestly I have been on the Hagel train for a while. Will be expensive 1st+Robbie and maybe another guy but would I do it yes. Would be a nice fit next to Tavares and Nylander thats for sure.

Gio I thought for sure they would jump the ball. But with the recent report Dubas wants a guy with term if hes paying a 1st or any big name prospect. So unless the price is lower than we think I dont see it. Sad about that as Gio would be fire in a leafs jersey. Maybe Seattle settles for 2 2nds and 2-3 B level prospects who knows. Francis be weird the way he runs them rn lul.

As for the rest. Holl has honestly slowly started reforming his game. He been putting up points, making smart plays for the first time ever this season. Its like we are seeing a whole new guy compared to that lost puppy lul. And honestly being away from Muzzin and getting some time with the training staff sure has been helping as 1 goal and 6 assists in 4 games aint bad since coming back from the press box. Also lowering his mins and getting him out of the top 4 also helped. Will be a wait and see as I do think they are looking but priorities could shift by the TDL if he continues putting up these kinds of numbers on the PK and scoresheet. As with the recent goaltending struggles maybe priorities shift again to goaltending. But maybe they do go get De-Haan as he can fill in nicely till Muzzin gets back but than again Brodie has been doing a good job at that to...

Gonna be an interesting TDL thats for sure
Mar. 1, 2022 at 1:49 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil

Juiceman

12 game win streak against the Canucks
Quinn Hughes looked brutal tonight

It’s because the arena is trash. Sabotaged Quinn’s game
capsfan2121 liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 7:39 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Juiceman
It’s because the arena is trash. Sabotaged Quinn’s game

Don't think the arena caused Quinn Hughes to get burnt by Boqvist
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Isn’t it ironic that the exact type of player the islanders need is Devon Toews
EsoYeezus69, McGruff, Alfie11 and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:29 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Isn’t it ironic that the exact type of player the islanders need is Devon Toews

But you have Chara? Your logic is off here.wink
capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:50 a.m.
cautious optimism
A bit of news:

Post-Game Notes posts will be posted the morning after the game from now on. I had a bit of an argument with my mother about CapFriendly (she was getting on my back because the ads that i accidentally open on my phone come up as scam sites, and she doesn't want me on the site when i'm at home). It'll still be posted, don't get me wrong, but it'll be later than normal.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:54 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Bobcat205
A bit of news:

Post-Game Notes posts will be posted the morning after the game from now on. I had a bit of an argument with my mother about CapFriendly (she was getting on my back because the ads that i accidentally open on my phone come up as scam sites, and she doesn't want me on the site when i'm at home). It'll still be posted, don't get me wrong, but it'll be later than normal.

The ads are really annoying and not school appropriate sometimes
Mar. 1, 2022 at 8:58 a.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
A bit of news:

I gotta say, the ads have been getting progressively worse. They used to be normal ads (products, etc) , but since the emergence of the infamous crazy bunny lady, they've been getting worse and worse and looking more like massive scam jobs. If I accidentally click one ill probably be sent to the abyss of some scammer's basement website...
Bobcat205, Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan and 5 others liked this.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.
Shane wright to whichever team he's drafted to:

Mar. 1, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Devil

Don't think the arena caused Quinn Hughes to get burnt by Boqvist

Honestly that goal was Halak’s fault. It wasn’t anything hard to save, just had to keep his pad down in front. His pad was literally inside the net.
Mar. 1, 2022 at 10:45 a.m.
how bout the bruins last night huh 7-0 natty hatty from debrusk.
capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll