SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread #31 - The Last Thread

Apr. 23, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
If you take the time to think things through a bit before immediately jumping to calling her an idiot, you might actually understand why she did it.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The question actually makes perfect sense, the way she formulated it is fine, Maroon calls Simmonds soft, she wants a reply from him to Maroon, that’s fine, that’s literally what journalism is, stirring pots and following up on stuff that was said/reported

Let's hear it for nuance and context. In a vacuum what she said was dumb. But it wasn't said in a vacuum.

She does need to work on her delivery a bit tho, she kinda sounds like she's listened to way too much Pierre McGuire with the way she talks.

Also how good is this first round Lightning v Leafs shaping up to be. Teams don't like each other, Simmonds and Maroon getting chippy. Gonna be great. Bolts in 7 ;-)
Apr. 23, 2022 at 12:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Break the streak and hit 60 lez go
zk97 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
KFTW
Just had a debate with a Sens fan who told me the Boucher pick made sense and it doesn’t matter if we drop 2 spots and pick a low ceiling guy because we won’t be able to re-sign everyone and we shouldn’t draft another high offensive ceiling player who’s going to cost a lot. What kind of thinking is this?

You always pick the best player there is. If you’re loaded at one position , then you do the Jones for Johansen or Hall for Larsson type of trade . And if you have too many players that are great, you package them for better players.

Also I did the thing and it makes a lot of sense. Let’s say you draft a high offensive ceiling player in the 22 draft. He plays 1 year in college or overseas. Then 3 years of ELC . Now you bridge him for 2-3 years while you compete . That’s 7 years from now where a guy like Batherson will be 29 and likely won’t be given a longterm contract that runs to his late 30s and you can afford your 2022 1st longterm

If you don’t think there’s a track record of that, look at what Tampa did to Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak while Stamkos, Kucherov , Point, Vasi and McDonagh were signed longterm .
justaBoss, Devil, aadoyle and 5 others liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:07 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: csick
Just had a debate with a Sens fan who told me the Boucher pick made sense and it doesn’t matter if we drop 2 spots and pick a low ceiling guy because we won’t be able to re-sign everyone and we shouldn’t draft another high offensive ceiling player who’s going to cost a lot. What kind of thinking is this?

You always pick the best player there is. If you’re loaded at one position , then you do the Jones for Johansen or Hall for Larsson type of trade . And if you have too many players that are great, you package them for better players.

Also I did the thing and it makes a lot of sense. Let’s say you draft a high offensive ceiling player in the 22 draft. He plays 1 year in college or overseas. Then 3 years of ELC . Now you bridge him for 2-3 years while you compete . That’s 7 years from now where a guy like Batherson will be 29 and likely won’t be given a longterm contract that runs to his late 30s and you can afford your 2022 1st longterm

If you don’t think there’s a track record of that, look at what Tampa did to Cirelli, Sergachev and Cernak while Stamkos, Kucherov , Point, Vasi and McDonagh were signed longterm .

@rangsey @aadoyle @justaboss
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
KFTW

@devil @matthewsfan @sevenleg
capsfan2121 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:13 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Fun fact: Devils have not scored a powerplay goal since Jack Hughes has gotten injured. They are 0/30 in that span and have allowed more shorthanded goals than PP goals.
oilersguy, CoopsTroops, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:14 p.m.
What in tarnation

Lmao

Logic is the same as picking Comeau over McDavid because the former is more affordable.
csick, zk97, aadoyle and 4 others liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Devil
Fun fact: Devils have not scored a powerplay goal since Jack Hughes has gotten injured. They are 0/30 in that span and have allowed more shorthanded goals than PP goals.

I don't think that's a fun fact.

That's almost pathetic fact.
capsfan2121, zk97, CoopsTroops and 3 others liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Thats like people who would justify picking Michael Dal Colle or Jake Virtanen over Willam Nylander or Nikolaj Ehlers
zk97, justaBoss and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

I think you always should go BPA to a certain extent. If the Devils win the lottery, should they take Wright? A better way to phrase it is take the player that will have the most value to the team
csick, zk97 and Remus liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: justaBoss

They're tanking so im fine with it
justaBoss and zk97 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
What in tarnation
They're tanking so im fine with it

Savoie szn
csick liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
KFTW
Savoie szn

I really want Detroit, San Jose and Buffalo to win. I just know ottawa won’t lose another game to finish the year .
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
What in tarnation
I really want Detroit, San Jose and Buffalo to win. I just know ottawa won’t lose another game to finish the year .

I really don't think Sens is passing those three anymore.
csick liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
devil matthewsfan sevenleg

Best available, always. You never know what can happen with injuries, trades, whatever. So even if you are drafting when you already have that position filled, you figure it out later. IMO

Wonder if it was this guy 😂

He seems to still have a hard on for him
capsfan2121, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

And I jinxed it
Finally
Brian2016 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
KFTW
**** Detroit is going to lose. At least Buffalo is winning
capsfan2121 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
**** Detroit is going to lose. At least Buffalo is winning

Islanders are pathetic

Chara gets zero help every game
csick, capsfan2121, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
Is Buffalo a playoff team next season?
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
I still think this team is 1 and done until proven otherwise. No goals in 2 periods on a guy with a stat line of 3-10, 3.88, 882. Good lord
capsfan2121 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: CoopsTroops

If they can find a 1A goaltender, a good defensive partner for Power and upgrade 1 forward in the top 9 yes. They have a good shot. They have cap space too so it’s pretty good
Remus liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Canesfan21_
I still think this team is 1 and done until proven otherwise. No goals in 2 periods on a guy with a stat line of 3-10, 3.88, 882. Good lord

Jon Gillies is playing like prime Martin Brodeur
capsfan2121 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Jon Gillies is playing like prime Martin Brodeur

Devils need corey Crawford
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: CoopsTroops

They need a 1C…maybe a guy like Jack Eichel

I like the direction the Sabres are heading in. They are still two years away from playoffs imo.
Apr. 23, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
If they can find a 1A goaltender, a good defensive partner for Power and upgrade 1 forward in the top 9 yes. They have a good shot. They have cap space too so it’s pretty good

They need a 1C…maybe a guy like Jack Eichel

I like the direction the Sabres are heading in. They are still two years away from playoffs imo.

I'm getting a little worried down here in Tampa. Can only hold Ottawa and Buffalo back for so long. One of the Atlantic stalwarts is eventually going to miss the playoffs.
Thinking it might be Boston first.
capsfan2121 and Devil liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll