SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Offseason Discussion Thread #9 - The Demise (Revival?) of Calgary

Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:07 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Db1899
We got some Weegar-Kerfoot trades going down in the ACGM

based
Juiceman, Tintin, yikes and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

Leafs fans. Never. Change

Their justification is that Kerfoot is an elite top 6 forward that can penalty kill on a cheap cheap contract. Ignore the part where he’s a rental
A_Habs_fan and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
What in tarnation
So what I have learned today

- Thomas Chabot is basically another Karlsson
- Ottawa defense SUCKS even worse than I initially thought

Also question to people who have access to JFresh model: can you put here the top 10 guys that have the highest EV DEF % ?
BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: Juiceman

Their justification is that Kerfoot is an elite top 6 forward that can penalty kill on a cheap cheap contract. Ignore the part where he’s a rental

So is Weegar in this instance.
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: mondo
So is Weegar in this instance.

And Weegar is a scrub
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I mean so is weegar lul both got 1 year left. Now im not saying this is a fair trade but if Weegar falls without Ekblad and struggles in Calgary and Kerfoot was performing the same as he did last year (in Toronto) then one could make a case for it.

But if im moving Kerfoot I dont want another Dman I want a cheaper wing as our Dcore is pretty much set once Sandin extends. Someone like Raddysh or Appleton would be nice
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: justaBoss
Perhaps so, yet Jfresh model does suggest Chabot is better of the two offensively, and pretty much equal defensively. This one is from February which is the most recent one I could find. Do tell me if this has changed.

I'm thinking that Quinn's sample at the time suffers a lot from his play under Travis Green.
Could easily envision an updated card looking a lot better for him with games playing under bbq Bruce
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
You have him above many guys who are much better than him. He is a poor man’s Quinn Hughes. Hughes is better than Chabot at literally every aspect of the game playing with not so great d men

I wouldn’t call Chabot a poor man’s Hughes lol. He’s arguably the best transition defender in the game and his offense by that model is in the top percentile in each of the last 3 years (Hughes was only around that high in 19-20). His defense also improved drastically this year, he reached the 60th percentile and getting a partner he can rely on, plus cutting his minutes down to the 22-24 range, would probably help that improve more. Zaitsev was such a black hole on defense (or making anything positive happen ever) that he really held Chabot back, so hopefully now with Zub or a new acquisition, he can reach his true peak. Chabot just looks like the same average as Hughes over the last three years because Hughes has stayed steady around 20% and Chabot was at like 0% prior to this season lol. So basically he’s been consistently better offensively, and has now added above average defense to his game (which Hughes hasn’t yet). I’d take Chabot 100%.
HelmutCool liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
do not Devil my ass

My favorite fanbase.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Classic Leaf fans
BuFfaLOFaN, Juiceman, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
So what I have learned today

- Thomas Chabot is basically another Karlsson
- Ottawa defense SUCKS even worse than I initially thought

Also question to people who have access to JFresh model: can you put here the top 10 guys that have the highest EV DEF % ?

Also, I hate models. For Chabot to look good statistically defensively Ottawa needs to be a good team OR he needs to be absolutely ELITE. There is one like 2 players on Ottawa that are statistically good defenders, Zub who must be elite defensively and Joseph who was on Tampa the whole year who is a great team.
Juiceman liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
Ban Price trades

Huehuehuehuehuehue

Admittedly I think both guys stick.
Juiceman, justaBoss, Devil and 6 others liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Huehuehuehuehuehue

I think only one of them does. Huberdeau.

Weegar will have many interested teams behind him if he becomes UFA, he's going to laugh his way to the bank.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Also, I hate models. For Chabot to look good statistically defensively Ottawa needs to be a good team OR he needs to be absolutely ELITE. There is one like 2 players on Ottawa that are statistically good defenders, Zub who must be elite defensively and Joseph who was on Tampa the whole year who is a great team.

I mean Chabot was above average defensively this year. Playing with Zub definitely helped, because Zaitsev is an absolute anchor, he’s useless at everything. Zub is your typical reliable complimentary shutdown top 4 guy, he’s excellent defensively and not great offensively (classic 2RD stuff, like Cernak, Tanev, Carlo, Marino, etc.). But yeah Chabot not having to do everything offensively and defensively all the time will definitely help him improve even on this year’s numbers imo.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Huehuehuehuehuehue

Same as man if you listen to Huberdeau he sounds royally pissed with Zito and I dont blame him

And Weegar under Sutter probs gonna take his game to the next next level even without Ekblad
Jul. 25, 2022 at 2:58 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Same as man if you listen to Huberdeau he sounds royally pissed with Zito and I dont blame him

And Weegar under Sutter probs gonna take his game to the next next level even without Ekblad

Listening to the most recent PDOcast and apparently Drance (who used to work in Florida) says Huberdeau is the type of guy who is super competitive and wants to be the star, so he thinks he’ll fit nicely into a Canadian market and thrive under the pressure which is nice. And yeah I think if you could create Sutter’s perfect player you would get Weegar lol
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.

yikes liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Alfie11

JFresh can joke all he wants, not the team's fault if the players express their desire to come play home when they're under contract with another team (sorry PLD). They're building one of the greatest front offices ever seen and they're finally acting like a billion-dollar organization, it sure helps rebuilding their reputation league-wide.
BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
JFresh can joke all he wants, not the team's fault if the players express their desire to come play home when they're under contract with another team (sorry PLD). They're building one of the greatest front offices ever seen and they're finally acting like a billion-dollar organization, it sure helps rebuilding their reputation league-wide.

I think it’s more because a lot of hockey babies are born in Quebec
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.

PLD is the only one of the four that expressed interest in going to play for Montreal, and he’s the one that Habs fans don’t want. The rest is just delusional. One of the greatest front offices ever seen seems like a stretch. Getting rid of the crew that drafted a convicted criminal who asked not to be drafted is below bare minimum.
BuFfaLOFaN, Tintin and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Anyone else smell Bull****

As come on if you never wanted out

1. Why did you only sign 1 year
2. Why were you in MTL at the draft when rumors were MTL was gonna trade for Dach then use him to get you
3. Your agent said in an interview you want to play in MTL

In my mind he requested a trade but he wanted it to be more private which was where the draft came as it would be a surprise 3 team trade where he goes to MTL, WPG gets Dach and Chicago gets picks but nope didnt happen and then his agent spilled the beans. Gonna be very uncomfortable in WPG especially in that locker room
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Puljujarivi will likely get traded soon, wonder where hell end up
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:44 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Puljujarivi will likely get traded soon, wonder where hell end up

Not the isles
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121
Not the isles

He would be a great fit with the isles, he’s exactly what they need
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
He would be a great fit with the isles, he’s exactly what they need

Lou is currently asleep and will be until the first week of September like last year

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll