SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #12: Judgement Day Approaches

Feb. 27, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I mean, he's kind of forced to go all in, have you seen what the other teams in the east are doing, they have to keep up

Kinda crazy how we're going to lose either Tampa or Toronto in the 1st round even though they're both trading their entire farm
Feb. 27, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Kinda crazy how we're going to lose either Tampa or Toronto in the 1st round even though they're both trading their entire farm

Another thing that's funny - even if the league had the 1-8 seeding system in each conference, Toronto would still face Tampa. They're 4th and 5th in East respectively.
KSIxSKULLS and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I feel like whoever wins the West will win the cup. They will be well rested whereas the winner of the East will have had just gone through the bloodbath of beating 3 Eastern conference teams.
justaBoss and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
Quoting: Juiceman
I feel like whoever wins the West will win the cup. They will be well rested whereas the winner of the East will have had just gone through the bloodbath of beating 3 Eastern conference teams.

I disagree, sure the team in the east will have gone through bloodbaths but i think ultimately the team from the east will simply be better
LIRIK, zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I disagree, sure the team in the east will have gone through bloodbaths but i think ultimately the team from the east will simply be better

One thing we have seen through history is that the best regular season team in the NHL hardly ever wins the cup.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:35 p.m.
What a year to be a seller
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: Db1899
What a year to be a seller

it always a good year to be a seller when Tampa is a buyer
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:52 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: A2023tdlGuesses
I do gotta say, and maybe this gets me on some ignore lists:

My opinion is Edmonton for Parayko makes sense if Parayko wants to play there. Canada, especially west, does have a harder time attracting term. Parayko’s 6.5aav is actually quite nice for a cap strapped team (see: Darnell Nurse’s aav).

Edmonton is $ in $ out. Stl is player in player out.

The fit and cap implications would be Ceci and Puljujarvi.

I think Ceci has no negative or positive value. His aav is 3.25, which is reasonable for his performance. He is not outstanding relative to other nhl defensemen. He has 2 years left after this. This fits the Blues retool window. I think Puljujarvi has slight positive value. Perhaps a late round pick. Edmonton doesn’t want to admit that, and neither do many fans, but he isn’t absolute garbage, he was just overhyped and not developed properly.

Parayko has positive value, especially considering term has value to western Canadian teams, but a portion of that is offset because his term does go beyond age 35.

So the deal that makes sense is those 3 skaters, then Edmonton pays in either draft picks or prospects to even out the values.

My suggestion is a 1st and 2nd (or prospect of that value) Ceci and Puljujarvi for Parayko and laffrerrie (blues are player in player out).

I do not think the Blues can get Evan Bouchard unless Edmonton knows he will be moving on as the rfa process continues or that Edmonton knows they will not be able to afford his next contract this offseason.

If Bouchard is included, I don’t know how to make it work for Edmonton’s cap. Ceci is included above because it does fit the cap and player in out requirements. As a blues fan, Bouchard as a return would be killer.

I'd be down for a Parayko to Edmonton trade, as long as it doesn't include Bouchard
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Does anyone know the conditions of the 2 5ths coming back
Feb. 27, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
We gotta keep Holl that's the point of getting bigger right not replacing one big guy for another id rather move Kerfoot (or Murray pulls a kucherov)
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Its Frank so take it with a pinch of salt but Dubas did make a deal to send Dermott to Van and got a 3rd

Kerfoot's from Van so hint hint insert DJ Khaled meme
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
So uhh, Carolina has to do something now right, Tampa, Toronto, NJ, NYR, Boston have all added, i pity whichever teams make the WC in the east, i also pity whichever god teams lose in round 1 in the east

Why do I get the feeling JT Miller is gonna become a Cane

And before people go huh they took a chance on DeAngelo
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
KFTW
So uhh, Carolina has to do something now right, Tampa, Toronto, NJ, NYR, Boston have all added, i pity whichever teams make the WC in the east, i also pity whichever god teams lose in round 1 in the east

They can have Debrincat for Morrow 😂
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Isles are the worst run organization in hockey

Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy
I'd be down for a Parayko to Edmonton trade, as long as it doesn't include Bouchard

I don’t think that would happen (Bouchard). I think if it did STL would be the one paying to even out value, and that doesn’t really make sense from our retooling state nor trying to make it work within your salary cap constraints.

I wanna see mcdavid challenge for a cup. Hoping he gets to multiple times.

I don’t know if the oilers best option is to deal with stl, but if I were them, considering it takes 3-5 years for a later 1st rounder to hit and impact the nhl, I’d be looking at ways to increase the team by acquiring players with term and use those 1sts right in this timeframe. But I’m also an idiot so :P
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
McCabe at 2m for 2 more years seems like one of the best value contract for a Dman
BigBallsBriere, KSIxSKULLS, Saskleaf and 5 others liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

CBJ watch as teams trade for other Dman and go did we maybe ask to much for Gavrikov
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: aadoyle

Everything I'm hearing/seeing from the Edmonton media is that those talks aren't actually happening, and I take that report with a grain of salt. The organization has very frequently used guys like Bob Stauffer to litmus test ideas to the public (before going through with the dumb ideas anyways) but the Oilers media is some of the most disconnected in the league and a lot of the scoops regarding Oiler moves come from out east.

Checking down from the ilk of Chychrun, Ekholm, or Karlsson to Joel huffs-his-own-farts Edmundson is such a kick in the balls. Please no.

Quoting: A2023tdlGuesses
I don’t think that would happen (Bouchard). I think if it did STL would be the one paying to even out value, and that doesn’t really make sense from our retooling state nor trying to make it work within your salary cap constraints.

I wanna see mcdavid challenge for a cup. Hoping he gets to multiple times.

I don’t know if the oilers best option is to deal with stl, but if I were them, considering it takes 3-5 years for a later 1st rounder to hit and impact the nhl, I’d be looking at ways to increase the team by acquiring players with term and use those 1sts right in this timeframe. But I’m also an idiot so :P

I'd honestly be willing to add in a Parayko-to-Edmonton deal if it meant we instead got like Saad half retained to boot. Bouchard, Ceci, prospect like Schaefer, Yamamoto, and the next two firsts and I'd call that tidy business.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Everything I'm hearing/seeing from the Edmonton media is that those talks aren't actually happening, and I take that report with a grain of salt. The organization has very frequently used guys like Bob Stauffer to litmus test ideas to the public (before going through with the dumb ideas anyways) but the Oilers media is some of the most disconnected in the league and a lot of the scoops regarding Oiler moves come from out east.

Checking down from the ilk of Chychrun, Ekholm, or Karlsson to Joel huffs-his-own-farts Edmundson is such a kick in the balls. Please no.

I'd honestly be willing to add in a Parayko-to-Edmonton deal if it meant we instead got like Saad half retained to boot. Bouchard, Ceci, prospect like Schaefer, Yamamoto, and the next two firsts and I'd call that tidy business.

The quote above though makes it funny

As imagine CBJ just waiting for a Gav trade but after TDL hes still with them

And they go did we ask for to much
Feb. 27, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: aadoyle
The quote above though makes it funny

As imagine CBJ just waiting for a Gav trade but after TDL hes still with them

And they go did we ask for to much

I can't see Jarmo keeping him after the deadline without an extension. The man probably takes a second round pick and swallows his pride if push comes to shove. He's not a completely incompetent GM, Gudbranson signing aside.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: pinslack
McCabe at 2m for 2 more years seems like one of the best value contract for a Dman

Yeah I didn't even realize it's 3 more years (this and 2 Years). That's gonna be a steal for Toronto if he fits in.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
Just saw: didn’t see that McCabe had term. Chicago is retaining 2 million for 2 more years after this year. That’s outstanding for Toronto. Good for them. High five leaves fans. Great trade.

Jinx.
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
I still have hope the canes will do something
Feb. 27, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier

Sounds like this is a real possibiltie I've seen multiple reports of it.

If the Flyers have a decent pick or a few attached I'd have no issue.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
Blac kpanther
Anyone hearing that Florida may be in the mix for kane 👍 ik it seems like a done deal with the rangers but no income tax

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll