SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(OTT/FLA) - Tarasenko for 2024 4th (FLA), 2025 3rd (FLA)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 6 at 2:10 p.m.
Hawks Fan
It’s cold in Ottawa this time of year. Everybody get your fleeces out!
SoFlaSooner and Beargold liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:11 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Yikes, the only thing that makes this look better is if Tarasenko comes back to Ottawa in the off-season, but as of now this is still a horrible fleece trade. Steal for Florida
SoFlaSooner and edeangel84 liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:12 p.m.
Florida is now a team to watch out for in the East! I can't believe they traded a 3rd and 4th for a superstar!
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:15 p.m.
down bad
Quoting: mondo
That's me, I'm all the experts.

Mantha netting a first just makes this trade even more embarrassing.

Or that’s the market…. Tarasenkos NTC probably prevented him from getting more but MY POINT YESTERDAY. BETTER PLAYERS GET LESS? Lol Manthas deal was fantastic for the caps. Beat the rush
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:19 p.m.
I really don't understand why so many people are shocked. Tarasenko is 32 and UFA at the end of the season. More important, since when he's still a guy able to make the difference? Are people suffering from amnesia? He was a massive failure for the Rangers who traded especially for him. He hasn't been anywhere awesome this season with the Sens. Senko had a bounce-back season in 2021-22 but last season he didn't confirm his regain of form.

The deal is fair. What makes the deal not fear is the fact that the Sens traded for a guy who didn't make any difference, but that's the case with Chych too no? The Sens got Korpi, Giroux, Chych, and Senko and haven't done anything. Maybe it tells a lot about the Sens but maybe it also tells a lot about how much those players were overpriced and overrated.
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:23 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
#FireStaiosAllready
poeticentropy liked this.
Mar. 6 at 2:27 p.m.
Evans truther
Good work Dorion for giving an NTC to an obvious trade away guy on a one year deal, couple of picks better than nothing but at the end of the day wouldn't that money been spent better in FA of 2023 considering you're at the cap? Couldn't they even get a 2024 3rd in the conditional really? Hahaha
Mar. 6 at 3:21 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Two 2nds you could kinda justify a little. This is just embarrassing.

Yep. You could say, "Well, he had that NTC, so Ottawa was in a really rough situation."
mokumboi liked this.
Mar. 6 at 3:32 p.m.
I am not Score
Quoting: spawnben
I really don't understand why so many people are shocked. Tarasenko is 32 and UFA at the end of the season. More important, since when he's still a guy able to make the difference? Are people suffering from amnesia? He was a massive failure for the Rangers who traded especially for him. He hasn't been anywhere awesome this season with the Sens. Senko had a bounce-back season in 2021-22 but last season he didn't confirm his regain of form.

The deal is fair. What makes the deal not fear is the fact that the Sens traded for a guy who didn't make any difference, but that's the case with Chych too no? The Sens got Korpi, Giroux, Chych, and Senko and haven't done anything. Maybe it tells a lot about the Sens but maybe it also tells a lot about how much those players were overpriced and overrated.

Someone creates a whole account just to say that THIS trade was fair? Lol
mokumboi liked this.
Mar. 6 at 3:34 p.m.
this isnt enough to cover the $2.5million retention!
SoFlaSooner liked this.
Mar. 6 at 3:52 p.m.
Florida fleeced Ottawa but also got worse in the process. I assume Tarasenko just forced his way to Florida but this is just a horrible trade all around.
Mar. 6 at 4:03 p.m.
I hope Ottawa ends up getting two third-round picks from this trade.

Another big win for Zito.
Mar. 6 at 4:48 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
Lol.. yeah Ottawa is cooked - this is a disgusting trade for Ottawa and a beautiful acquisition for Florida.

Vladimir wasn’t even demanding to leave - and this is what Staios trades him for????

Tarasenko 100% said I'm not extending in Ottawa move me to Florida
sensonfire liked this.
Mar. 6 at 4:51 p.m.
OTT fans do not deserve this treatment
Mar. 6 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: BFN36NYR
Considering how many posts there were saying Tarrasenko was gonna get Ottawa a first, easy win for the Panthers.

He wasn't going to get them a 1st, but I think he should have got at least a 2nd if he gave them a few options where to send him. Reports said that he almost signed in Carolina last summer, so I thought he would go there for the later of the two 2024 2nd-round picks the Hurricanes currently own (most likely their own).
Mar. 6 at 5:18 p.m.
TrevorA
Clearly the Panthers win this one hands down
Mar. 6 at 5:23 p.m.
Majors and minors
There's no guarantee he resigns with Ottawa anyways after the season Ott's has had. The NTC maybe was frosting to encourage player going to Otts, 5 mill may not have been good enough to player. So IF Otts actually got the SERVICES of Tarasenko with the help of the NTC for 60 games, and STAIOS gets 2 draft picks for a player who might have walked away from Organization at end of season anyways, then I have to say, its gotta' be an alright trade, having left the trade until trade deadline day. Florida gets a winger, but really when it comes to playoffs, its about defense, isn't it?
Mar. 6 at 5:25 p.m.
Majors and minors
Quoting: Sensguysad
This is bad even by Dorion's low standards... Ottawa will never be a serious club.

Why because of a one year NTC .... you must be a Leafs fan.
Mar. 6 at 6:14 p.m.
Banned
Giroux had a full no trade in '22 and only wished to go to Florida yet the Flyers got Tippett and a 1st.

Yikes Senators!
sensonfire liked this.
Mar. 6 at 6:32 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Absolutely highway robbery by Florida.
Mar. 6 at 9:24 p.m.
Majors and minors
on further inspection, i want to solidify my "Fair" trade.
Mar. 6 at 11:37 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
Yep. You could say, "Well, he had that NTC, so Ottawa was in a really rough situation."

Sure, but have some spine. Hold for a couple days maybe. Geez. They just rolled over and showed their belly.
Mar. 7 at 8:43 a.m.
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Giroux had a full no trade in '22 and only wished to go to Florida yet the Flyers got Tippett and a 1st.

Yikes Senators!

That seems to be an outlier. Chicago only got a 2nd for Kane in a similar situation, in a year when worse players were getting 1sts. Maybe Philadelphia was willing to keep Giroux if they didn’t get exactly what they wanted, which gave them more leverage. Maybe Florida didn’t want to take advantage of the situation and risk embarrassing a potential future trading partner. There was really no precedent at that time for this kind of trade.
sensonfire liked this.
Mar. 7 at 12:28 p.m.
This is what happens when the player has all the power. Can't fault OTT here, this may have literally been the best they were going to get.

Quoting: mokumboi
Sure, but have some spine. Hold for a couple days maybe. Geez. They just rolled over and showed their belly.

I disagree, I think had they waited, they might have had an even worse return. Waiting to last minute for a better offer would not have helped them here IMO.
Mar. 7 at 12:37 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: F50marco

I disagree, I think had they waited, they might have had an even worse return. Waiting to last minute for a better offer would not have helped them here IMO.

Generally less things being available raises the price, not lowers it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit