SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread

Feb. 7, 2022 at 11:23 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
What would the hockey world do if Bedard committed to Michigan 😂 that would be some team. Fantilli and Bedard on the same team! Bedard is the next Crosby, I don't think he's going to be as fast as McDavid, his hands might be but I think he's going to be just better than everyone like Crosby. Similar size as well...

I am just really excited for the future with these guys in the NHL (Zegras, Johnson, Cooley, Nazar, Bedard, Michkov) the skill and creativity they bring to the game is just amazing. SOOOOO much fun to watch.
zk97 and Db1899 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
Jinx god
Edited Feb. 7, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
Mavrik Bourque: 25 points in 12 games in the QMJHL

Wyatt Johnston: 71 points in 38 games in the OHL

Logan Stankoven: 59 points in 34 games in the WHL

All top 3 in points per game for their respective leagues

Stars big 3 prospects are looking sharp not gonna lie, excited to see their futures.
zk97 and MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 12:48 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

🙌🏻
A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
SevenLeg and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: MatthewsFan
<a href=habs.png">

SevenLeg
A_Habs_fan

He's quietly making Primeau not "the undisputed guy" at G
MatthewsFan, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 1:53 p.m.
I am just really excited for the future with these guys in the NHL (Zegras, Johnson, Cooley, Nazar, Bedard, Michkov) the skill and creativity they bring to the game is just amazing. SOOOOO much fun to watch.

crazy how two of those players will be drafted by the coyotes lol
MatthewsFan, Roysboy72 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 1:57 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899
crazy how two of those players will be drafted by the coyotes lol

Nothing scares me more than that happening 😢
Db1899 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:02 p.m.
cautious optimism
Kinda off-topic, but it just now occurred to me just how common the last name "Nemec" is in Czechia. There are 130+ hockey players with the last name "Nemec" registered on Elite Prospects. One of those is Future Blue Jacket Simon.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:07 p.m.
Nothing scares me more than that happening 😢

I have a feeling MTL will get the 1st pick this year. So realistically Arizona can come away with Cooley + Trikozov/Casey/Ohgren/Mateychuk with their other two 1sts + 2nd round picks - or Armstrong can use a few 2nds and one of his late 1sts to move up to take Nazar lol.

Then the following year theyre pretty much guaranteed to get one of Bedard/Mitchov,Fantilli. Hopefully the Coyotes situation gets figured out sooner than later, they are going to have a ton of high end players soon.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
I have a feeling MTL will get the 1st pick this year. So realistically Arizona can come away with Cooley + Trikozov/Casey/Ohgren/Mateychuk with their other two 1sts + 2nd round picks - or Armstrong can use a few 2nds and one of his late 1sts to move up to take Nazar lol.

Then the following year theyre pretty much guaranteed to get one of Bedard/Mitchov,Fantilli. Hopefully the Coyotes situation gets figured out sooner than later, they are going to have a ton of high end players soon.

So the team will find a way to get Cooley, Nazar, Bedard, and somehow Michkov, then move right before the team gets good, as is tradition with the NHL.
Db1899 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
<a href=habs.png">

SevenLeg
A_Habs_fan

I know, that's why i acquired him in the GM Game lol

Edit: I do still kinda need better prospect goalies though, Merzilikins can do good for a while but Tarasov, Dobes, Peska, Rodrigue probably won't be anything better than 1b's
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
So the team will find a way to get Cooley, Nazar, Bedard, and somehow Michkov, then move right before the team gets good, as is tradition with the NHL.

Houston's future top 6:
Keller-Bedard-Nazar
Hayton-Cooley-Guenther
NoVaSpartan, MatthewsFan and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:26 p.m.
Edited Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.

Nazar doesn't quite belong with those names imo, he's a tad below them but he does look amazing

Edit: He's pretty well rounded and show great offensive prowess, only thing that makes him a tad below for me is I don't quite see that elite potential, I can see him becoming a 1st liner but not an elite player like Wright, Yurov, Kemell, Cooley, Johnson, etc
MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Houston's future top 6:
Keller-Bedard-Nazar
Hayton-Cooley-Guenther

Now that is lethal. Now I just hope they move sooner rather than later so I can go see them when I visit Houston to see relatives.
Db1899 and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Nazar doesn't quite belong with those names imo, he's a tad below them but he does look amazing

I get that, I’m just really high on him. And if he does pop I PROMISE not be a “told you so guy”
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:34 p.m.

Edit: He's pretty well rounded and show great offensive prowess, only thing that makes him a tad below for me is I don't quite see that elite potential, I can see him becoming a 1st liner but not an elite player like Wright, Yurov, Kemell, Cooley, Johnson, etc

I get that, I’m just really high on him. And if he does pop I PROMISE not be a “told you so guy”

I'm not sure if you saw my edit.

Also it's CF, most of us probably would say i told you so lol
Feb. 7, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I'm not sure if you saw my edit.

Also it's CF, most of us probably would say i told you so lol

Lol I did not see the edit.

Plus I’m a Maritimer, that’s not how we roll
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
https://theathletic.com/3098719/2022/02/06/wheelers-2022-nhl-prospect-pool-rankings-no-5-anaheim-ducks/?source=emp_shared_article

Wheeler ranked the Ducks 5th. Pretty close to where I initially thought they would be.

Thoughts of mine on his ranking:

I'd rank Zellweger and Dostal ahead of Pastujov.

I'd also have McLaughlin over both Moore and LaCombe

Other than that, I think he's spot on.
BuFfaLOFaN and yikes liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
My rough predictions for Wheeler's team prospect rankings. He does this based on U23 and non-NHL only. I'll also post some of their top prospects in brackets, completely at my own discretion and in no particular order, but it should hopefully be pretty much everyone even somewhat relevant lol
1. Buffalo Sabres (Power, Rosen, Peterka, Samuelsson, Ryan Johnson, Poltapov, Kisakov, Quinn, Portillo, UPL, Laaksonen, Krebs)
2. Minnesota Wild (Wallstedt, Rossi, Boldy, Khusnutdinov, Addison, O'Rourke, Hunt, Novak, Hunter Jones, Beckman, Peart, Lambos, Khovanov, Firstov, McBain)
3. New Jersey Devils (Holtz, Luke Hughes, Mukhamadullin, Daws, Pytlik, Chase Stillman, Okhotyuk, Graeme Clarke, Tyce Thompson, Walsh, Schmid, Bahl, Schnarr)
4. Los Angeles Kings (Turcotte, Byfield, Clarke, Pinelli, Helenius, Kirsanov, Grans, Faber, Simontaival, Laferriere, Chromiak, ****emo, Spence, Kupari, Akil Thomas, JAD, Vilardi, Madden)
5. Ottawa Senators (Sanderson, Greig, Jarventie, Kleven, Sokolov, Merilainen, Boucher, Roger, Ostapchuk, Oliver Johansson, Latimer, Reinhardt, Lassi Thomson, Guenette, Sogaard, Kastelic, JBD, Tychonick, Crookshank, Mandolese, Lodin, Parker Kelly)
6. Anaheim Ducks (McTavish, Zellweger, Pastujov, Hinds, Jacob Perreault, Colangelo, Nickl, Tracey, LaCombe, Thrun, Dostal, Axel Andersson, Elvenes)
7. Carolina Hurricanes (Heimosalmi, Scott Morrow, Koivunen, Hamrla, Quapp, Justin Robidas, Jackson Blake, Gunler, Ponomarev, Nikishin, Nybeck, Pashin, Seeley, Ryan Suzuki, Kochetkov, Rees, Puistola, Anttoni Honka, Jack Drury, Makiniemi, Keane, Bokk)
8. New York Rangers (Schneider, Zac Jones, Othmann, Ryder Korczak, Cuylle, Boyko, Garand, Brett Berard, Matthew Robertson, Henriksson, Kravtsov, Pajuniemi, Lindbom)
9. Calgary Flames (Coronato, Pelletier, Zary, Wolf, Ruzicka, Stromgren, Huckins, Whynot, Heineman, Poirier, Yan Kuznetsov, Boltmann, Ryan Francis, Pospisil, Zavgorodniy, MEP)
10. Columbus Blue Jackets (Ceulemans, Johnson, Svozil, Knazko, L. Foudy, Marchenko, Berni, Tarasov, TFW, Angle)
11. Detroit Red Wings (Edvinsson, Cossa, Viro, Sebrango, Albert Johansson, McIsaac, Berggren, Bednar, Buium, Mastrosimone, Mazur, Niederbach, Savage, Soderblom, Wallinder, Hanas, Tuomisto, Kienan Draper)
12. Nashville Predators (Askarov, Tomasino, Svechkov, L'Heureux, Glass, Olsson, Ufko, Evangelista, Prokop, Afanasyev, Farrance, Knak, Parssinen)
13. Winnipeg Jets (Heinola, Lucius, Chibrikov, Perfetti, Kuzmin, Torgersson, Lundmark, Gustafsson, Chisholm, Nathan Smith, Samberg)
14. Edmonton Oilers (Broberg, Bourgault, Holloway, Petrov, Munzenberger, Tullio, Lavoie, Savoie, Rodrigue, Samorukov)
15. Toronto Maple Leafs (Niemela, Knies, Hirvonen, Robertson, Amirov, Kokkonen, Abramov, Abruzzese, SDA, Hollowell, Holmberg)
16. San Jose Sharks (Eklund, Wiesblatt, Bordeleau, Benjamin Gaudreau, Robins, Gushchin, Coe, Kniazev, Raska, Ryan Merkley, Chmelevski, Hatakka)
17.Dallas Stars (Johnston, Bourque, Harley, Stankoven, Grushnikov, Martino, Bar, Arcuri, Stranges, Dellandrea, Damiani)
18. Arizona Coyotes (Guenther, Soderstrom, Maccelli, Kirk, Jenik, Prosvetov, Moser, Josh Doan, Farinacci, Aku Raty, Kolyachonok)
19. Montreal Canadiens (Guhle, Mailloux??, Kidney, Kapanen, Vrbetic, Roy, Luke Tuch, Farrell, Mysak, Struble, Norlinder, Ylonen, Harris, Brook, Primeau, Fairbrother)
20. Colorado Avalanche (Olausson, Behrens, Annunen, Barron, Ranta, Bowers, JL Foudy, Kaut, Helleson, Stienburg, Taylor Makar)
21. Vegas Golden Knights (Dean, Chayka, Brisson, Cormier, Kaedan Korczak, Dorofeyev, Morozov)
22. St. Louis Blues (Bolduc, Neighbours, Robertsson, Peterson, Hofer)
23. Florida Panthers (Samoskevich, Smilanic, Sourdif, Michael Benning, Nause, Denisenko, Noel)
24. Philadelphia Flyers (York, Tuomalaa, Frost, Foerster, Andrae, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Brink)
25. Chicago Blackhawks (Allan, Colton Dach, Reichel, Commesso, Vlasic, Slaggert, Teply, Beaudin, Mitchell, Demin)
26. Boston Bruins (Lysell, Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Vaakanainen
27. Washington Capitals (Lapierre, Alexeyev, Iorio, Leason, Brent Johnson)
28. Pittsburgh Penguins (Poulin, POJ, Blomqvist, Clang, Legare, Hallander, Broz, Gruden)
29. Vancouver Canucks (Klimovich, Jurmo, DiPietro, Rathbone, Woo)
30. Tampa Bay Lightning (Alnefelt, Duke, Finley, Goncalves, Schmidt, Thompson, Cajkovic, posted today, had them here when I was drafting this)
31. New York Islanders (Raty, Dufour, Bolduc, Iskhakov, Holmstrom, Lennox, already posted by him, woulda had them here with a minute's research into the age of Salo/Koivula/Bellows)
32. Seattle Kraken (Beniers, Evans, Winterton, Henman, the guys they picked in rounds 4-7 are the only other prospects they have lol, already posted by him, was obvious)

Buffalo, LA, Minnesota and NYR are left...

1. Buffalo
2. Los Angeles
3. Minnesota
4. New York Rangers
Feb. 7, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Bobcat205
Kinda off-topic, but it just now occurred to me just how common the last name "Nemec" is in Czechia. There are 130+ hockey players with the last name "Nemec" registered on Elite Prospects. One of those is Future Blue Jacket Simon.

On a side note: Czech Republic sounds way better than Czechia
Feb. 7, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.
Buffalo, LA, Minnesota and NYR are left...

1. Buffalo
2. Los Angeles
3. Minnesota
4. New York Rangers

NYR was 18th I believe. The Devils are 4th which leaves LA, Minnesota and Buffalo.
BuFfaLOFaN and Devil liked this.
Feb. 7, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
Quoting: TZ11
NYR was 18th I believe. The Devils are 4th which leaves LA, Minnesota and Buffalo.

Whoops, lol I was confused on how they where top 4... Remains same order...
Feb. 7, 2022 at 6:12 p.m.
Whoops, lol I was confused on how they where top 4... Remains same order...

At least I got the top 4 right lol, I'm still shocked NYR/OTT are so low and PHI is so high.
Feb. 8, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: TZ11

Let's go! Top 4
Feb. 8, 2022 at 1:02 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 8, 2022 at 1:14 a.m.
Was doing some checking of Zegras's draft and man I still cant believe Edmonton could have drafted him....

Wow did the league dodge a huge bullet right there

As imagine the Oilers top 9 Center Depth being (Mcdavid/Draisaitl/Zegras)
BuFfaLOFaN, Saskleaf and yikes liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll