SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/22 NHL Season Discussion thread

Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:14 a.m.

Hopefully NHL addresses the problem and does not sweep it under the pretty full rug
Kotkaniemi15, BuFfaLOFaN, Devil and 4 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:15 a.m.
cautious optimism
FAvMgqqXEAAkNfr?format=jpg&name=900x900

I found this on Twitter. I may have to use this picture a lot if this season goes the way I think it’ll go.
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, BeterChiarelli and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Hope he’s healthy and plays all 82 games

Oct. 3, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
All signs are pointing to Jack Johnson getting a contract in Colorado.
EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 10:31 a.m.

Lehner would be a great NHLPA rep, also, a story a day until the Eichel situation gets fixed, that’s gonna hurt the NHL A LOT but i couldn’t care less, we don’t want bad things to be happening around the league and hopefully putting a spotlight on them fixes it
yikes, Kotkaniemi15, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 10:32 a.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
All signs are pointing to Jack Johnson getting a contract in Colorado.

Oof, Jack Johnson is not a good D though i guess having his as an 8 D wouldn’t hurt
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

A_Habs_fan, PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188, AndrewLadd and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 11:52 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Db1899
I’m pretty sure they’re developing Turcotte as a winger

That makes sense
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
Jake Guentzel has tested positive and is in Covid protocol, so Crosby’s out for like a couple weeks, Guentzel’s out for like a week and Malkin’s out for a couple months, great start Pittsburgh
Oct. 3, 2021 at 11:54 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Lehner would be a great NHLPA rep, also, a story a day until the Eichel situation gets fixed, that’s gonna hurt the NHL A LOT but i couldn’t care less, we don’t want bad things to be happening around the league and hopefully putting a spotlight on them fixes it

I love this guy.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Odds this team beats an NHL team?

Thinking Michigan wins at least 1 game in a best of 7 against the Coyotes lol. Either way that’s a fun team.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: yikes

Odds this team beats an NHL team?

Thinking Michigan wins at least 1 game in a best of 7 against the Coyotes lol. Either way that’s a fun team.

Honestly no, sure they have guys like Power, Johnson, Beniers, Brisson, Bordeleau, Hughes but all NHL teams will have an all NHL/fringe NHL caliber roster
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
torontos finest
gonna be honest, i'm kind of glad lehner is going off about the health of nhl players. feel like there's a big "shut up and deal with it" attitude when it comes to long term health problems with hockey players and it's very rare you see an active, prominent player talk about it.
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15, yikes and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 12:21 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
gonna be honest, i'm kind of glad lehner is going off about the health of nhl players. feel like there's a big "shut up and deal with it" attitude when it comes to long term health problems with hockey players and it's very rare you see an active, prominent player talk about it.

Yeah, i mean we rarely heard about concussions and the problems those created before, we’re making small progress steps
Oct. 3, 2021 at 12:49 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I love this guy.

God, I hate Lehner. An arrogant, loudmouthed, moronic player who thinks it's his job to call out anything and everything he dislikes about the league. If Nolan Patrick is unhappy with the non-prescribed meds the Flyers gave him and says something HIMSELF, that's a whole other story. What does it have to do with Lehner? Furthermore, the same way it was wrong for the Rangers to call out the head of the player safety department by name after the whole Tom Wilson debacle (EVEN THOUGH THEY (the Rangers) WERE RIGHT), it's so wrong for Lehner to badmouth coaches he has nothing to do with on Twitter. He wouldn't make a good NHLPA rep at all-he's setting a terrible example for players. Arturri Lehkonen's shot whizzing past him in Game 6 brought a smile to my face for more reasons than one. What an absolute idiot. (I also should add that there's a specific thing that Lehner did/said which I will never forgive, but I can't mention it on here or I'll start a war. smile)
DNIK914, Saskleaf and capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 12:58 p.m.
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
God, I hate Lehner. An arrogant, loudmouthed, moronic player who thinks it's his job to call out anything and everything he dislikes about the league. If Nolan Patrick is unhappy with the non-prescribed meds the Flyers gave him and says something HIMSELF, that's a whole other story. What does it have to do with Lehner? Furthermore, the same way it was wrong for the Rangers to call out the head of the player safety department by name after the whole Tom Wilson debacle (EVEN THOUGH THEY (the Rangers) WERE RIGHT), it's so wrong for Lehner to badmouth coaches he has nothing to do with on Twitter. He wouldn't make a good NHLPA rep at all-he's setting a terrible example for players. Arturri Lehkonen's shot whizzing past him in Game 6 brought a smile to my face for more reasons than one. What an absolute idiot. (I also should add that there's a specific thing that Lehner did/said which I will never forgive, but I can't mention it on here or I'll start a war. smile)

That comment is wrong on so many levels, if the league commits medical malpractice it should be called out, no matter who says it, as fans, we SHOULD want the league to be a nice and clean one on all levels, from the Commissioner to the assistant coaches and equipment guys. Lehner is setting a great example here about standing up for the right reasons instead of not doing anything about a bad situation.
EsoYeezus69, yikes, AndrewLadd and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

I’m gonna keep it civil and I do get what you’re sayin; but the job of the NHLpa Isn’t to satisfy fans or the NHL. Their job is to protect the players. Not as athletes or investments but as individuals that work for the NHL.

Lehner calling out issues that have proof and sources is a bother to the NHL. But is it wrong to be a bother? Just cause what Lehner says may be annoying or “tainting our precious league that we all value as fans” isn’t a bad thing. Sure you may dislike it but to have a voice standing up for players Health (mental and physical) is firstly;

More important than staying quiet
And secondly quite literally what you’d want from the NHLPA

NHLPA is not supposed to be our friends as fans, and Lehner doesn’t need to be a friend to anyone. What he says isn’t pipe dreams. If they were I’d understand you more; but what he’s saying seemingly has legitimate facts/ sources.

I respect your opinion but I can also say that you’re just wrong. There is merit to what Lehner is saying and he’s not the first guy, and he’s definitely not gonna be the last. Lehner has views that I don’t agree and some that I do. Regardless; these recent “stories” aren’t supposed to be fun to read or be good for the game. He’s trying to make the game better by showing the flaws and hoping to improve on them.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15 and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 1:52 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Both Mercer and Holtz looked really good last night. I think they could both use a bit more AHL time before being called up (more so for Holtz than Mercer, the latter looks less green), but they should definitely both see NHL time over the course of the year. Bright future for the Devils for sure.

I think both are NHL ready. Both have looked great

It looks like the Devils think Holtz is more ready since they've played him on the top line and he's been performing
Oct. 3, 2021 at 1:53 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15, KSIxSKULLS and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122

Great deal, Evans is young, has some upside and is a hell of a bottom 6 Center who can do it all
Devil, EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

So you’re saying that it’s a good thing that the NHL fined the Rangers?

It isn’t a bad thing for people like the Rangers, Tortorella, and Lehner to put forth valid criticisms of egregious problems that need to be fixed. If no one can ever question the system, then it’s never going to change for the better.

And if the thing that you won’t forgive has anything to do with his political leaning, everything he’s spoken out about has certainly proven he doesn’t support/follow the harmful ideas others of the same leaning often stand for.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 2:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Oct. 3, 2021 at 2:09 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: aadoyle

26 year old AHL enforcer who has never played in the NHL. Why, just why? You could’ve had Fleury or Clague.

Also, why didn’t they just trade for him after he cleared waivers? Why on earth would you need him on your NHL team?
A_Habs_fan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 2:11 p.m.

Really? When Fleury and Clague were ripe for the picking
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 3, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
26 year old AHL enforcer who has never played in the NHL. Why, just why? You could’ve had Fleury or Clague.

Also, why didn’t they just trade for him after he cleared waivers? Why on earth would you need him on your NHL team?

Really? When Fleury and Clague were ripe for the picking

He was the guy that was trying to fight everyone during the Devils vs Rangers preseason game

Fitz is stealing Drury's grit
capsfan2121 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll