SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-22 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thread #2 - Free Connor Ingram

May 9, 2022 at 12:34 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
EDM decided to take a page (or two) from the Leafs playbook and are arguably playing the worst game of the playoffs, for any club, thus far.

Tyson Barrie should just reveal he has a Kings jersey under his oil-cloth!
Barely AHL-calibre on this night...

I think its more Quick woke up and wore his 2012 pants

But yeah Kings are playing way better even on top of that.
McGruff liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 12:37 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited May 9, 2022 at 12:48 a.m.
Reboot from today (a 2 for 1 post - bonus)!!!
LA-EDM
Good goal.
Good call(s).
Time for another..................

Edit: If EDM play like the "Tippet" club they better dust off their golf clubs toot-suite because they will be on vay-ca very very soon!

A Bollywood Arse-Kickin!!
May 9, 2022 at 12:52 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
I guess Quick woke up

30 save shutout against Edmonton

Got to give him props for that as its not easy to shutout McDavid
zk97 liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
Yesterday was Blowout Saturday. I guess that makes today Comeback Sunday! All 4 series were evened up today!!! Gotta love it.
AndrewLadd, justaBoss, KSIxSKULLS and 2 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 1:55 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Damn every team that played today tied the series up 2-2. It’s shaping up to be on heck of a first round
Brian2016, Juiceman, justaBoss and 6 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 1:56 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Damn every team that played today tied the series up 2-2. It’s shaping up to be on heck of a first round

Everyone in the lead got distracted cause it was mothers day
zk97 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 5:15 a.m.
retired
i'm surprised at all the series tied 2-2 so far. i was expecting more 3-1 leads for the 1st round.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 5:53 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Juiceman
The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to have a word

This was in 2019, not in this decade though
May 9, 2022 at 6:31 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: DirtyDangle
i'm surprised at all the series tied 2-2 so far. i was expecting more 3-1 leads for the 1st round.

We do have some game 4’s today but it might be only Colorado’s series that doesn’t start up as a 2-2
DirtyDangle liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:05 a.m.
Quoting: DougieGilmour
We still are the same choking Leafs. You just are young and don’t know that this isn’t going to change.

Dad? Is that you? You sound like my dad who grew up watching 80s and 90s leaf hockey lol. I pray it changes soon, for yours and my sake and anyone who’s watched this team

Quoting: Sklikly
Used to? still haven't made it past the first round how many years in a row? When Tampa was continuously getting bounced in the first round they were considered chokers much like how people consider the leafs now. Even when Tampa won the cup some people said it wasn't valid due to the bubble. People will always find a reason to say the team you cheer for sucks. It isn't a participation league, its the NHL. Put up or shut up. Plus getting butt hurt over peoples opinion is an irrelevant waste of time.

Dude I know we’re the laughing stock of the league, but people purposely jump on this team. Florida hasn’t gotten past round one since ‘96, Buffalo hasn’t won ever, yet people still choose to jump on the leafs regardless of when the leafs flip the narrative. And I really don’t care if you want to hate on my team, I rly don’t, I’m simply pointing out a bias I have seen.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:30 a.m.
WentWughes
Leaf fans going crazy even though the series is tied 2-2. And you wonder why everyone ****s on them lmao
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121, zk97 and 3 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:39 a.m.
WentWughes
I'm here for the DeAngelo hate. Makes my playoffs
zk97 and yikes liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:54 a.m.
SHL NJD GM

Lmao, no way a reporter actually asked that
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, zk97 and 8 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:57 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

That reporter should count himself lucky that he asked Keefe instead of some other coaches, cause I can imagine how someone like Torts would respond…
capsfan2121, zk97, yikes and 4 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Dad? Is that you? You sound like my dad who grew up watching 80s and 90s leaf hockey lol. I pray it changes soon, for yours and my sake and anyone who’s watched this team

Dude I know we’re the laughing stock of the league, but people purposely jump on this team. Florida hasn’t gotten past round one since ‘96, Buffalo hasn’t won ever, yet people still choose to jump on the leafs regardless of when the leafs flip the narrative. And I really don’t care if you want to hate on my team, I rly don’t, I’m simply pointing out a bias I have seen.

I’m 52. At this point there’s no optimism left. This is the most talented Leafs team I’ve ever seen but it’s not the best team I’ve ever seen. The 92-93 team was considerably better than this.
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 8:00 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
That reporter should count himself lucky that he asked Keefe instead of some other coaches, cause I can imagine how someone like Torts would respond…

He deserves a gold star for asking an obvious question to a clueless coach. Torts is a jacka**
capsfan2121, edeangel84 and csick liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 8:01 a.m.
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Quoting: Saskleaf
I wasn’t alive in 2004 so no lol. Maybe if I was your age I would have a different level of optimism.

Yep you’d have zero optimism.
May 9, 2022 at 8:11 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

Florida + Buffalo get 0 hype from the league. Nobody cares or talks about them. All we hear from TSN and SportsNet is Leafs.
MitchMarner_16, zk97, capsfan2121 and 5 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 8:13 a.m.
Quoting: DougieGilmour
I’m 52. At this point there’s no optimism left. This is the most talented Leafs team I’ve ever seen but it’s not the best team I’ve ever seen. The 92-93 team was considerably better than this.

Dudeeeeeee my dad said the same thing. He’s still salty about the high stick. He was my age when watching that series. He watches with me, but he says it’s nice to see me have optimism because I haven’t been scarred by this team yet lol
capsfan2121, HelmutCool and csick liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
cautious optimism
Edited May 9, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 3

Leafs win, 5-2 over the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-I tune in 3 minutes late and there’s already been a penalty: Pat “Hometown Hero” Maroon goes off for Delay of Game. Christ on a bike, this is getting exhausting.

-Morgan Reilly scores on that power play on a net-front scramble! Leafs up 1-0! Finally, Toronto does something on the power play. Where was this in Game 2?

-“NO SOUP FOR YOU!” -Jack Campbell

-Oh boy, Toronto’s going on the PK, incoming tie game, calling it now…

-…Wait, they didn’t give up a goal on that penalty kill? AND THEY SCORED ON A 3-ON-1 LIKE 5 SECONDS LATER? Wow, that was not what I expected at all.

-David Kampf scores his second goal on the series! I don’t think he put as much emphasis into his “F*CK YEAH” as he did in Game 1. This Toronto team has been firing on all cylinders up and down the lineup tonight.

-I was busy doing something else, listening to the game in the background, and then I hear Joe Bowen scream as if he had just been stabbed. Apparently we almost had the second Dang-It of the series, but Andrei Vasilevskiy was ready for this one, and made two great saves, and made them look easy.

-Ross Colton scored on the power play (immediately after Alex Kerfoot gets railed from behind) (pause) off a nice slap shot. Not much that Soup Man could do there.

-Some Ondrej-on-Ondrej violence: Palat hit Kase in the numbers, which is kinda scary, taking into account his concussion history. I wouldn’t think that it would be fine-worthy, but still. Scary.

-It feels awesome to see the team I’m rooting for consistently outshooting the opponent. The Jackets didn’t give me that very much this year.

-Ondrej Palat just scored to make it 3-2. This is not good. This is very not good. I know my history, this is a bad omen.

-Okay, that was a very weak hooking call. It got Paul in the wrists, but that is nowhere near a hook.

-WE’VE JUST SEEN THE SAVE OF THE GODDAMN CENTURY. Even Bowen thought that one was in. Stamkos was dumbfounded as to how he saved that, and so was I. Elvis would have let that one through.

-They hold on and win! They’re up 2-1 on the series! Ilya Mikheyev scored both empty net goals to pad the lead. Where was this type of performance in Game 2?

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Leafs Edition

Round 1, Game 4

Leafs lose, 7-3 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-Didn’t have to wait too long for the bad things to start: Steven Stamkos scores after exactly 1 minute. My dad had to ask if they were borrowing Korpi for the game, lol.

-Sirius XM briefly lost the game for a moment around 5 minutes in. Wonder what happened to cause an outage.

-That was some real unfortunate stuff right there. A harmless dump goes off of Jake Muzzin’s stick, off the front of the net, and right in front for noted old-*ss man Pierre-Edouard Bellemare to capitalize.

-3-0 now. I’m contemplating just shutting it off now. This is un-f*cking-acceptable. What did Sheldon change between last game and this game that brought the Leafs out this slow?

-Jason Spezza and Pat Maroon start shoving, and… Spezza is the lone penalty? What?

-Second period begins- and I’m already done. Shut her down, this is a massacre.

-Well, on the bright side, at least William Nylander got involved in the scoring for the first time in the series? Only took him FOUR GODDAMN GAMES.

Not fun. Not fun at all.
May 9, 2022 at 8:57 a.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Hey all I’m saying:

Pretty sure the Leafs got some praise the last week or so during this series. If we check the threads.

Just dunking is more enjoyable - as I feel like Leaf’s fans forget that Vegas has been dunked on all season and Kakko catches a stray every week. Or EDM/ Smith catches a fair amount of heat.
May 9, 2022 at 9:27 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
Must win game for Florida, Calgary and Nashville tonight, Calgary and Florida really shouldn't go down 3-1 and Nashville is an actual elimination game
zk97, Saskleaf and DirtyDangle liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Pretty sure if that was like Torts that reporter would be deceased right now lol.
zk97, A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
SHL NJD GM

zk97, SevenLeg, Saskleaf and 2 others liked this.
May 9, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
WentWughes

Honestly about time. Some team (like San Jose) will sign him now
zk97, SevenLeg, csick and 10 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll