$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,425,000$4,425,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333
C, RW
RFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 8
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:10 p.m.
mokumboi
Is that Parayko offer supposed to be satire?
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:11 p.m.
Just curious. Why in your mind do the Blues do this?
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
End of the Laine
Quoting: AC14

I would ask the opposite, I dont think Parayko (and especially his contract) is any good.
glarson17, gretzkyghosts, Garak and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
At this point the habs wouldn't give dach for dubois straight up nevermind the extra picks
Caufield, jpsnow13, rosenj and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:15 p.m.
End of the Laine
I like some of your deals. 88 isnt going to waive his NMC to goto the Hawks. Id avoid Parayko, I think a much better D man can be had via a Helly or PLD trade this offseason.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Extending Schefiele and Hellybyuck to 9.5m X 8 years starting at age of 30, doesn't help the Jets now or in future. So you're paying these two players collectively 6.5m more per year, which hurts the cap, and these players almost assuredly are at their peak right now.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: End_of_the_Laine
I would ask the opposite, I dont think Parayko (and especially his contract) is any good.

That's certainly a take. He's far and away the Blues best defenseman and 6.5 as the cap raises for a guy who isn't overly physical isn't really an issue until possibly the last 2 years of his deal which isn't a big factor if you get 6 years of a top pair guy at 2nd pair money.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Market value wise, Dach is worth more than PLD. He's younger, and has a very good contract. Also he doesn't have off ice issues. A player that only wants to play in one team is a red flag, even if he is going to that team.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Black61
At this point the habs wouldn't give dach for dubois straight up nevermind the extra picks

^beat me to it.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:29 p.m.

What has dach done in the past month to be worth more than Dubois. He's on 53 point pace and again dealing with an injury half of his career has been injury and uncertainty so why does 1 good year make him better than Dubois? Dubois is also having a renaissance season based on projections. Both have room to improve based on where they are. The only advantage to dach is longer team control and contract now. In 3 years if he's making as much as Dubois who's more valuable? Just curious why he's so highly regarded yet seems to be a beneficiary of getting more time than he would on a contender

Oh and in the last month he's been injured. Really boosting up his value not playing right?
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
-Extending Scheifele and Hellebuyck to those contracts is an awful idea.

-Blues wouldn't ever entertain an offer like that. Even if Parayko may be overrated, he's the kind of overrated that teams value and I doubt the Blues are that invested in trading him when they aren't getting anything they'd be looking for in a deal.

-Schmidt likely isn't waiving for Chicago and Chicago isn't going to take on that kind of term unless its made more worth it to them. Just move Schmidt in a hockey trade.

-Habs wouldn't ever entertain an offer like that either. Its more than recent comparable deals and it makes gambling Dubois makes Free Agency in 2024 worth it for them.

-Panthers deal is fine, I just don't see the Panthers trading Bennett for Dach, they're in win-now mode.

-Buffalo wouldn't move Comrie unless they have a replacement for Anderson.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
Good Opinion Haver
Edited Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.

Quoting: End_of_the_Laine

That's certainly a take. He's far and away the Blues best defenseman and 6.5 as the cap raises for a guy who isn't overly physical isn't really an issue until possibly the last 2 years of his deal which isn't a big factor if you get 6 years of a top pair guy at 2nd pair money.

A bunch of things can be true/logical here:

- Parayko isn't a top pair defenseman on a contending team
- Parayko's contract is sketchy at best
- The likelihood of Parayko actually playing until he's 37 is extremely low, so the contract probably isn't as sketchy as it appears
- Parayko is the best defenseman on the Blues, full stop
- The Blues defense is extremely bad, so the previous is sort of a backhanded compliment
- He is still a more than adequate top 4 defenseman and has put up solid defensive numbers even in his "down" years
- He hasn't had a top four caliber defense partner since early 2020, and even then it was Jay Bouwmeester so
- He would absolutely be one of the 3 best defenseman on the jets, full stop.
- Pionk was good offensively as recently as a year ago
- The Blues don't really need another good offensive defenseman
- Pionk is bad now
- Heinola is exactly the kind of young defenseman the Blues need to be targeting if they want to quickly turn around their defense core, and that's the obvious reason the Blues do this
- The Blues are rebuilding and you don't rebuild around 30 year olds, so it doesn't make a ton of sense for a rebuilding to shoulder the risk of that contract, and that's another reason the Blues do this

I've said before I'm not really in the mood to move Parayko, he'd be the last guy I'd get rid of and my first choices to move would be Krug and Faulk (respectively), but they simply cannot have all the same top 4 defenseman next year. Parayko might be the best of the current guys, but he also might be the only guy you actually can move. I wouldn't say yes to this specific trade if I was the Blues (or the Jets, frankly) but there's much much worse ideas out there than this one
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.
Quoting: Howie
What has dach done in the past month to be worth more than Dubois. He's on 53 point pace and again dealing with an injury half of his career has been injury and uncertainty so why does 1 good year make him better than Dubois? Dubois is also having a renaissance season based on projections. Both have room to improve based on where they are. The only advantage to dach is longer team control and contract now. In 3 years if he's making as much as Dubois who's more valuable? Just curious why he's so highly regarded yet seems to be a beneficiary of getting more time than he would on a contender

Oh and in the last month he's been injured. Really boosting up his value not playing right?

I'll push back at other Habs fans on Dach and say Dubois is more valuable, the issue is mostly that Montreal is rebuilding and still somewhat early in that rebuild. If it wasn't for Dubois being 24 and rumoured to wanting to go to Montreal anyways, they likely wouldn't have interest. Dach was also trending upwards prior to being injured. He'shas had one major injury prior to this season which was a freak accident, and we don't even know what's going on with him now because he was originally out for a Non-Covid illness. All that's been provided its that it was a lower-body injury, but we don't know if its serious or if its minor, but Montreal's trying to tank a little bit.

The other issue is that rumours that include Dach also tend to include one of Montreal's or Florida's 2023 1st together with at least a high 2nd or one of Montreal's better prospects, which is more than even comparable players have gone for. Montreal's not going to completely change their plans just to satisfy Winnipeg's trade demands for Dubois when they aren't even a Dubois away from competing for a playoff spot.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: Burnout
I'll push back at other Habs fans on Dach and say Dubois is more valuable, the issue is mostly that Montreal is rebuilding and still somewhat early in that rebuild. If it wasn't for Dubois being 24 and rumoured to wanting to go to Montreal anyways, they likely wouldn't have interest. Dach was also trending upwards prior to being injured. He'shas had one major injury prior to this season which was a freak accident, and we don't even know what's going on with him now because he was originally out for a Non-Covid illness. All that's been provided its that it was a lower-body injury, but we don't know if its serious or if its minor, but Montreal's trying to tank a little bit.

The other issue is that rumours that include Dach also tend to include one of Montreal's or Florida's 2023 1st together with at least a high 2nd or one of Montreal's better prospects, which is more than even comparable players have gone for. Montreal's not going to completely change their plans just to satisfy Winnipeg's trade demands for Dubois when they aren't even a Dubois away from competing for a playoff spot.

Yeah I get that maybe make it Calgary 1st in 2025 dach and some other prospect like kidney

I understand sticking to the process respect it. Just not every mtl agm agrees and it's hard to follow it as some say sure some no wait for ufa and some say yes and pay the price so it's hard to gauge.

Ik dach has been making strides to being an impact player just had some bad luck. But to say he's already better than Dubois just because he has a contract that lasts 2 more years than Dubois is kinda a stretch by some. I get the contract is good but in 3 years you pay a big rise regardless.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:52 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Nothing to do with value really. Hughes hitched his cart to the horse that is Dach when he used him to hedge his bets and skip on Wright in favor of Slafkovsky.
Trading him now basically admits his entire first draft strategy was wrong. The return would have to be ridiculous to justify trading him one year later and packaging him for Dubois isn't ridiculous enough unless you're leaving that 1st round pick off, which obviously Winnipeg isn't doing.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Nothing to do with value really. Hughes hitched his cart to the horse that is Dach when he used him to hedge his bets and skip on Wright in favor of Slafkovsky.
Trading him now basically admits his entire first draft strategy was wrong. The return would have to be ridiculous to justify trading him one year later and packaging him for Dubois isn't ridiculous enough unless you're leaving that 1st round pick off, which obviously Winnipeg isn't doing.

I'd be fine either adding to the deal to get Florida's first and dach or make it dach 2025 Calgary first and kidney
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.
Yeah I get that maybe make it Calgary 1st in 2025 dach and some other prospect like kidney

I understand sticking to the process respect it. Just not every mtl agm agrees and it's hard to follow it as some say sure some no wait for ufa and some say yes and pay the price so it's hard to gauge.

Ik dach has been making strides to being an impact player just had some bad luck. But to say he's already better than Dubois just because he has a contract that lasts 2 more years than Dubois is kinda a stretch by some. I get the contract is good but in 3 years you pay a big rise regardless.

Its more a question of - If Dach was actually available and Montreal was moving him, a good prospect AND a 1st, then would they be looking at trading for Dubois? or would they want to target somebody else? And honestly, I think it would be somebody else. But I also don't think they'd want to move those pieces anyways.

There was real noise out of both markets that Dubois wants to be a Hab eventually and basically every reputable insider have echoed that noise. Montreal has clear incentive to try to get him earlier, but because they're rebuilding, they don't have incentive to either bid against themselves or pay top dollar. Would you expect Arizona, Chicago, San Jose or Philadelphia to pay top dollar for Dubois? The Habs don't care about 2023-2024 Dubois, they care about 2025-2026 Dubois. And unless they win the draft lottery and get Bedard, that's unlikely to change.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.

What has dubois done in the last several months. He had a hot 30 games and now is back to his normal 50ish point pace.

Dach is younger under cost control and is doing all the same stuff that dubois is. He is easily worth more
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.

Dach may be the most over valued player in the league. You wouldn’t trade a 35 point player for a 55 point player thus far this season 1 for 1?! That just insane
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:13 p.m.
Quoting: glarson17
Dach may be the most over valued player in the league. You wouldn’t trade a 35 point player for a 55 point player thus far this season 1 for 1?! That just insane

Its insane if your using ZERO context maybe
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:44 p.m.
Xercuses
Idk if blues say yes but maybe
Mar. 15, 2023 at 5:46 p.m.
Hawks decline. Moving Schmidt's contract to the Hawks takes a lot more than Chibrikov. And no chance Hawks are sending a 3rd the Jets way.
MisstheWhalers and Garak liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: palhal
Extending Schefiele and Hellybyuck to 9.5m X 8 years starting at age of 30, doesn't help the Jets now or in future. So you're paying these two players collectively 6.5m more per year, which hurts the cap, and these players almost assuredly are at their peak right now.

Pretty sure they'll both be 31 when they sign their next deals actually, think it's best to move on from both and start the rebuild with what they get in return.
palhal and Garak liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
Quoting: TheEarthmaster
A bunch of things can be true/logical here:

- Parayko isn't a top pair defenseman on a contending team
- Parayko's contract is sketchy at best
- The likelihood of Parayko actually playing until he's 37 is extremely low, so the contract probably isn't as sketchy as it appears
- Parayko is the best defenseman on the Blues, full stop
- The Blues defense is extremely bad, so the previous is sort of a backhanded compliment
- He is still a more than adequate top 4 defenseman and has put up solid defensive numbers even in his "down" years
- He hasn't had a top four caliber defense partner since early 2020, and even then it was Jay Bouwmeester so
- He would absolutely be one of the 3 best defenseman on the jets, full stop.
- Pionk was good offensively as recently as a year ago
- The Blues don't really need another good offensive defenseman
- Pionk is bad now
- Heinola is exactly the kind of young defenseman the Blues need to be targeting if they want to quickly turn around their defense core, and that's the obvious reason the Blues do this
- The Blues are rebuilding and you don't rebuild around 30 year olds, so it doesn't make a ton of sense for a rebuilding to shoulder the risk of that contract, and that's another reason the Blues do this

I've said before I'm not really in the mood to move Parayko, he'd be the last guy I'd get rid of and my first choices to move would be Krug and Faulk (respectively), but they simply cannot have all the same top 4 defenseman next year. Parayko might be the best of the current guys, but he also might be the only guy you actually can move. I wouldn't say yes to this specific trade if I was the Blues (or the Jets, frankly) but there's much much worse ideas out there than this one

Am I missing something on Heinola? Maybe I just can’t get it out of my head that he’s been up and down for 4 years. Granted, he’s still very young. I’d imagine that it’s generally due to a flaw that he can’t secure a spot.
Jetman liked this.
Mar. 15, 2023 at 8:25 p.m.
Jetsfan
Am I missing something on Heinola? Maybe I just can’t get it out of my head that he’s been up and down for 4 years. Granted, he’s still very young. I’d imagine that it’s generally due to a flaw that he can’t secure a spot.

It's called trading for Dillon and Schmidt when you already have 3 young LD and JMo. Basically all 3 young guys haven't solidified their spot thanks to this and Heinola is the one to go down as Stan and Samberg brings the PK with them and we have Schmidt, Pionk and JMo for PP.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll