SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2018-19

2018-19 GM Game - General Discussion

Would you guys be ok with me being a GM simultaneously with my Commissioner duties?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 15, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
But you no longer have Johnny Hockey

And besides the point production, I'm not sad about that at all.
He's S A W F T and is a puck turnover machine who rarely shoots. I swear he tries to pass the puck on breakaways.
Nov. 15, 2018 at 1:01 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: TMLSage
I have Maroon.
Nice contract solid 40 point guy.
Plays that physical yet skillful Calgary style.

Problem I see with him is real life he's only signed for this year.
In game, 3 years, and I don't wanna be stuck with the in game contract term
Nov. 15, 2018 at 1:06 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: flamesfan419
Problem I see with him is real life he's only signed for this year.
In game, 3 years, and I don't wanna be stuck with the in game contract term

Lets continue this on twitter.
But in short the odds of Maroon being resigned are very likely.
Nov. 15, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
NateElder12
I have Maroon.
Nice contract solid 40 point guy.
Plays that physical yet skillful Calgary style.

i'll take maroon
flamesfan419 liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 5:37 p.m.
Elite defenseman Dan Girardi is OTB.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 6:43 p.m.
Elite defenseman Dan Girardi is OTB.

I mean, he's really not that bad
Nov. 16, 2018 at 7:57 p.m.
I’d like to announce that I will be resigning from my position as GM of the Detroit Red Wings effective immediately.

A lot of thinking went into this, but I’ve decided that it’s for the better of my own sake if I leave the game. For the most part, v3 has been a fun ride. I’ve enjoyed the challenge of taking on a team like Detroit and making it somewhat formidable (at least, in my opinion).

As for the reason as to why I’m leaving, I’ll be frank. This game started off as a lot of fun and I definitely had fun trying to make Detroit a contender, but as of late that sense of enjoyment has almost disappeared. I no longer feel a part of the game, nor do I think that I’m necessarily wanted in this game. Whenever a new GM arrives, I’m the only one framed for being out there to fleece them. Whenever I’m mentioned, it’s nothing that’s positive of any sorts. I understand that I’m not perfect and have never been considering my history - however at the end of the day, no one is. Every single GM inquires on assets from new teams because they want to know if there’s a change in direction with the previous management group. Does that make me the one to warn others about? Most GMs have ludicrous offers especially to start off negotiations. I’ve done that a couple times as well. That doesn’t mean that I’m trying to fleece the league. The theory that I sweetheart talk every GM is nothing but the fabrication of the truth. I will also say this: at least I have a clue as to what I’m doing with my team; at least I don’t be the game’s recognized troll; at least I have the piece of integrity to not back out on deals multiple times; at least I don’t create other accounts to send harassing messages to other users, and at least I try, for the most part, to not be a pain to deal with in negotiations. Like it or not, those are some of the things that have been frustrating to me, and has led to my wanting out of the game - as simple as that.

Saying all that negative mumbo jumbo, thanks to @Zach for keeping my sanity in tact during certain times. Of all the people in this game, I’ve truly enjoyed getting to know you and I’m glad we interacted here. You never got to finish swapping rosters with Winnipeg, but you were a quality GM and still are a great friend.

@Turner33, supplier of dad jokes and complimentary humour at all times; and @matt59 my favourite Asian golfer; thank you guys for being around and defending this idiot at certain times in the past. Turner, you’ve definitely provided light in the tunnel when needed, and Matt is probably the nicest and most composed guy you’ll meet on the forums.

I’d like to thank @rangersandislesfan for creating this mess. I’ve insulted you a lot through the first two versions of the game and it’s something I regret, but we’ve both changed since then and I’m glad you wasted so much time in my life [insert sarcastic eye roll here]

Shoutout to @TabooPenguo for bringing me back in v2 as his AGM; once again, the challenge of the Islanders was a fun one and I enjoyed working with you.

Big props to my other AGMs, @HotsamBatcho and @wojme. You guys rock and I’ve really enjoyed working with you.

@Bo53Horvat, @TonyStrecher, @Daryl, @jmac490, @NateElder12, @A_K, @BoltsPoint21, @krakowitz, @phillyjabroni, @GronkNation and @alwaysnextyear, you guys have also made the game fun for the most part. There may have been some times where animosity was definitely existent, but thank you guys for contributing to making this game into what it is. I don’t think it’ll be possible to forget about how much time I wasted with all of you!

If I didn’t mention you, it’s either because

1. I couldn’t tag the entire league as much as I would’ve liked to
2. I didn’t get to know/interact with you as much
3. You’re part of the reason I wish to have nothing to do with the game anymore

I’d also like to thank (or not) the mods for not IP banning me when they should’ve, and for continuing to make CapFriendly a great hockey resource.

I’ve decided that my own real life is more important than a game of which means absolutely nothing to anyone else. It’s not worth wasting my time on and I don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore.

I would be glad to help whoever the new GM is during their transition period and answer any question they may have.

I’ll still be around on Twitter (and maybe once in a while on that Discord voice chat, if it’s still a thing) and keeping in touch with some of you, but consider this my final goodbye from the GM Game.

Last word: just because I’m leaving doesn’t mean the bet is off. I fully expect Dylan to wire me 50 dollars at the end of the season when Virtanen finishes the season outscoring Puljujarvi.

Farewell,
Booth
Bo53Horvat, wojme, HotsamBatcho and 15 others liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:01 p.m.
Quoting: MrBooth
I’d like to announce that I will be resigning from my position as GM of the Detroit Red Wings effective immediately.

A lot of thinking went into this, but I’ve decided that it’s for the better of my own sake if I leave the game. For the most part, v3 has been a fun ride. I’ve enjoyed the challenge of taking on a team like Detroit and making it somewhat formidable (at least, in my opinion).

As for the reason as to why I’m leaving, I’ll be frank. This game started off as a lot of fun and I definitely had fun trying to make Detroit a contender, but as of late that sense of enjoyment has almost disappeared. I no longer feel a part of the game, nor do I think that I’m necessarily wanted in this game. Whenever a new GM arrives, I’m the only one framed for being out there to fleece them. Whenever I’m mentioned, it’s nothing that’s positive of any sorts. I understand that I’m not perfect and have never been considering my history - however at the end of the day, no one is. Every single GM inquires on assets from new teams because they want to know if there’s a change in direction with the previous management group. Does that make me the one to warn others about? Most GMs have ludicrous offers especially to start off negotiations. I’ve done that a couple times as well. That doesn’t mean that I’m trying to fleece the league. The theory that I sweetheart talk every GM is nothing but the fabrication of the truth. I will also say this: at least I have a clue as to what I’m doing with my team; at least I don’t be the game’s recognized troll; at least I have the piece of integrity to not back out on deals multiple times; at least I don’t create other accounts to send harassing messages to other users, and at least I try, for the most part, to not be a pain to deal with in negotiations. Like it or not, those are some of the things that have been frustrating to me, and has led to my wanting out of the game - as simple as that.

Saying all that negative mumbo jumbo, thanks to @Zach for keeping my sanity in tact during certain times. Of all the people in this game, I’ve truly enjoyed getting to know you and I’m glad we interacted here. You never got to finish swapping rosters with Winnipeg, but you were a quality GM and still are a great friend.

@Turner33, supplier of dad jokes and complimentary humour at all times; and @matt59 my favourite Asian golfer; thank you guys for being around and defending this idiot at certain times in the past. Turner, you’ve definitely provided light in the tunnel when needed, and Matt is probably the nicest and most composed guy you’ll meet on the forums.

I’d like to thank @rangersandislesfan for creating this mess. I’ve insulted you a lot through the first two versions of the game and it’s something I regret, but we’ve both changed since then and I’m glad you wasted so much time in my life [insert sarcastic eye roll here]

Shoutout to @TabooPenguo for bringing me back in v2 as his AGM; once again, the challenge of the Islanders was a fun one and I enjoyed working with you.

Big props to my other AGMs, @HotsamBatcho and @wojme. You guys rock and I’ve really enjoyed working with you.

@Bo53Horvat, @TonyStrecher, @Daryl, @jmac490, @NateElder12, @A_K, @BoltsPoint21, @krakowitz, @phillyjabroni, @GronkNation and @alwaysnextyear, you guys have also made the game fun for the most part. There may have been some times where animosity was definitely existent, but thank you guys for contributing to making this game into what it is. I don’t think it’ll be possible to forget about how much time I wasted with all of you!

I’d also like to thank (or not) the mods for not IP banning me when they should’ve, and for continuing to make CapFriendly a great hockey resource.

I’ve decided that my own real life is more important than a game of which means absolutely nothing to anyone else. It’s not worth wasting my time on and I don’t want to have anything to do with it anymore.

I would be glad to help whoever the new GM is during their transition period and answer any question they may have.

I’ll still be around on Twitter (and maybe once in a while on that Discord voice chat, if it’s still a thing) and keeping in touch with some of you, but consider this my final goodbye from the GM Game.

Last word: just because I’m leaving doesn’t mean the bet is off. I fully expect Dylan to wire me 50 dollars at the end of the season when Virtanen finishes the season outscoring Puljujarvi.

Farewell,
Booth

I'm going to miss you man. Thanks for hiring me Booth
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:11 p.m.
It'll be sad to see you go. Was fun working under you, mainly because we both are fans of teams that haven't been the best in the past few years. F
nobody and Bo53Horvat liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.

Farewell,
Booth

ZEAak8

I still can't do it right
nobody and Bo53Horvat liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:15 p.m.
?
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:16 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
@MrBooth Sorry to see you go and more sorry that the game soured on you. Thanks for playing and I hope you know that it was never my intent (nor anyone else's to my knowledge) to treat you unfairly or disrespect you. You're a good dude and I wish you well. cheers
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:19 p.m.
@MrBooth

@Gronknation no longer exists..
nobody liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
@MrBooth

Animosity is an understatement. I blocked your ass for 6 months wink.
nobody liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:32 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Thank god he is gone.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:32 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
@MrBooth

@Gronknation no longer exists..

@Gronk
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:40 p.m.
Thank god he is gone.

You wanna leave too? Knock it off
ItzMeTaboo, nobody, Turner33 and 6 others liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:41 p.m.
Thank god he is gone.

Good riddance to you too. Have fun trying to sell Seabrook in exchange for 2nd round picks to my replacement.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:42 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Good riddance to you too. Have fun trying to sell Seabrook in exchange for 2nd round picks to my replacement.

I will, don't fret.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:43 p.m.
I will also say this: at least I have a clue as to what I’m doing with my team; at least I don’t be the game’s recognized troll; at least I have the piece of integrity to not back out on deals multiple times; at least I don’t create other accounts to send harassing messages to other users, and at least I try, f

Since this is clearly directed at me even though its clearly wrong I'll let it slide, but I am hurt that you didnt @ me.
TMLSage liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:46 p.m.
Quoting: Max
Since this is clearly directed at me even though its clearly wrong I'll let it slide, but I am hurt that you didnt @ me.

Aha there he is.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:48 p.m.
Quoting: Bo53Horvat
Aha there he is.

I heard the devil was defeated and had to see for myself
TMLSage liked this.
Nov. 16, 2018 at 8:50 p.m.
Quoting: Max
I heard the devil was defeated and had to see for myself

Yeah, he left quite a while ago. Funny enough it was around the time you left
Nov. 16, 2018 at 9:14 p.m.
May contain nuts

Farewell,
Booth

I wasn't tagged, but we just finished talking on Twitter. Thanks for everything Booth, and I hope we continue to stay in touch.
nobody, Turner33 and Zach liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:30 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
@MrBooth it was fantastic playing with you. We must have a record for the most almost completed deals ? but I’m still following you on twitter to see all the EP and Boeser tweets you send out, so we’ll stay in touch ?
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit