SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY/VAN) - Lindholm for Kuzmenko, Brzustewicz, Jurmo, 2024 1st (VAN), 2024 4th (VAN)

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 31 at 9:08 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
... and thus endeth all the Buch to VAN City trades.

that was driving me nuts dude
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:08 p.m.
Pretty fair deal imo. Calgary acquired a couple high ceiling guys in Kuzmenko and Brzustewicz. Lindholm gives the Canucks a lot of flexibility in their top 6, but would like to see another winger added (Henrique maybe?)
Jan. 31 at 9:09 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
My benchmark for a fair deal on Lindholm was Kuzmenko + Raty + 2024 1st.

That was assuming Calgary would retain on Lindholm.

The only question is whether Jurmo + Hunter Brz + a conditional 4th is worth more than Raty.

IMO, the answer is a resounding yes.

This is a home run for the Flames.

Calgary win the trade.

Probably equivalent, given Jurmo and the 4th carrying relatively small value. Despite Hunter's great year, Raty is still more valuable. I still agree that the early take is CGY winning.
sensonfire, gretzkyghosts, drambui and 1 other person liked this.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: CSStrowbridge
The 1st and Hunter Brzustewicz should turn into NHL players.

This is very much not likely.
Late firsts have low rates of making it, and Brzustewicz isn't as good as his point totals suggest. He isnt even the best Brzustewicz lmao
CBA, vmark and PrisonBull liked this.
mokumboi
Quoting: HolyJumpin81
that was driving me nuts dude

It was only bothering me that none of them offered up Willander. tears of joy
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Can't wait to see the inflated Monahan trade proposals that are undoubtedly coming.

Habs fans love latching on to so-called equivalents even when their players aren't half as good!
OldNYIfan, gretzkyghosts, PrisonBull and 1 other person liked this.
Hakuna Matata
Also forgot to mention this feels like a pure rental to me and the main reason Van has to big RFA to extend

Pete and Hronek

Hronek probs gonna want 6.5m on his next deal and Pete probs at min what Willy got but realistically hes gonna push into the 12m range

Unless Lindholm takes a massive paycut on his next deal probs gone. As what JTM got is probs his minimum ask
CSStrowbridge liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:10 p.m.
Kuzmenko is essentially a cap dump for Van, he was a regular healthy scratch and has another year at $5.5m cap hit. A late round 1st + 4th + low value prospects is a fair price for the return.
Canucks123 liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:10 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: TheAlien
This really isn't as big a deal as people think. Jurmo is basically nothing and Bruz might be legit but most people seem to think he's not as good as the points suggest

As much as Kuz didn't seem to be part of Tochett's game, can't deny that they're trading a young player a year away from a 40 goals season. Along with a 1st and I'd say a B+ prospect, it's hefty.
Jan. 31 at 9:11 p.m.
mokumboi
Btw, this also means Vancouver stole Calgary's All-Star. The Flames will be the only team without a rep in the game.
CBA, Neutral_Zone_Highlights, gretzkyghosts and 4 others liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:11 p.m.
It was only bothering me that none of them offered up Willander. tears of joy

it was always like Woo or some guy the fans gave up on 💀
Jan. 31 at 9:12 p.m.
Quoting: sensonfire
My benchmark for a fair deal on Lindholm was Kuzmenko + Raty + 2024 1st.

That was assuming Calgary would retain on Lindholm.

The only question is whether Jurmo + Hunter Brz + a conditional 4th is worth more than Raty.

IMO, the answer is a resounding yes.

This is a home run for the Flames.

Calgary win the trade.

As a Canucks fan, I would be dancing in the street if the trade was Lindholm was Kuzmenko + Raty + 2024 1st.
Kuzmenko is under performing by nearly $2 million this year and he's still being paid $5.5 million next year.
Räty is doing well in the AHL, given his age, but he's far from a sure thing to make it to the NHL right now.
A late 1st would be the only real piece of that trade.

Lindholm for Hunter and a 1st, plus moving out from Kuzmenko's contract is a fair deal. (The other two pieces are mostly meaningless.)
sensonfire, vmark and PrisonBull liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:13 p.m.
Fair deal, Lindholm is a very good top 6 player and will help the Nucks on their cup run, Calgary gets back a 1st, Bruz who has top 4 potential and Kuzmenko, though frankly Kuzkmenko is more or less a reclamation project right now. Jurmo and the 4th are there because why not
Jan. 31 at 9:14 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
Guess Patty was a little to giddy over his new deal...
Jim's lost his fast-ball and his able-walker!

5-for-1 trades, one a UFA, are so retro-1990s

Two of those pieces will likely never sign an NHL contract. One of those pieces of overpaid for this year and next.
PrisonBull liked this.
Quoting: ColonelX
As much as Kuz didn't seem to be part of Tochett's game, can't deny that they're trading a young player a year away from a 40 goals season. Along with a 1st and I'd say a B+ prospect, it's hefty.

I can't see Kuzy getting close to what he did his first season with Kadri or Backlund as his center. Maybe he figures it out but I doubt it with what the Calgary roster is
PrisonBull and TheGxForum liked this.
mokumboi
Quoting: Neutral_Zone_Highlights
Kuzmenko is essentially a cap dump for Van, he was a regular healthy scratch and has another year at $5.5m cap hit. A late round 1st + 4th + low value prospects is a fair price for the return.

Ehh no he's not. He's missed six games this season, and not all of those were due to a healthy scratch. In what world is a guy with 47 goals in 124 NHL games a cap dump? Was he a salary clear? Sure, they had to fit Lindholm somehow. Did he hold a reduced value from six months ago? Okay, sure. That does not = cap dump.

People overuse terms way too often.
ColonelX, OldNYIfan, gretzkyghosts and 1 other person liked this.
Btw, this also means Vancouver stole Calgary's All-Star. The Flames will be the only team without a rep in the game.

The Canucks now have SEVEN (7) representatives at the All Star Game. Insane.
mokumboi, gretzkyghosts, PrisonBull and 1 other person liked this.

Chicago doesn't have a rep either although they're barely a team
ColonelX, mokumboi, RukaRadebe and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:15 p.m.
ht42
Monahan trade value !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
habitantlecolon and Andy_Dick liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:16 p.m.
Quoting: Random2152
This is very much not likely.
Late firsts have low rates of making it, and Brzustewicz isn't as good as his point totals suggest. He isnt even the best Brzustewicz lmao

I don't think either will be stars, but Brzustewicz should at least play a few seasons as a 3rd pair D-man.
mokumboi
Quoting: HolyJumpin81
it was always like Woo or some guy the fans gave up on 💀

The standard offer was 24 1st, Brzzy and like a 3rd or Woo for Buch half retained. Sometimes they also included Kuzmenko.

We can see now that those offers were a little light.
Bedard23
Quoting: ColonelX
I'm now salivating about a Monahan trade, holy haul!

Seems like the Moneyball trade "And you add Joni ****ing Jurmo, because I want."

I wouldn't recommend getting too excited, trust me, I know from first hand experience
mokumboi liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:18 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: ht42
Monahan trade value !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehh... get used to disappointment, man. Monahan ain't worth as much as Lindholm.

I don't think either will be stars, but Brzustewicz should at least play a few seasons as a 3rd pair D-man.

I think you're underselling Brzzy there (I'm not even gonna try to spell his name out... ever).
OldNYIfan, gretzkyghosts, PrisonBull and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 31 at 9:18 p.m.
Ehh no he's not. He's missed six games this season, and not all of those were due to a healthy scratch. In what world is a guy with 47 goals in 124 NHL games a cap dump? Was he a salary clear? Sure, they had to fit Lindholm somehow. Did he hold a reduced value from six months ago? Okay, sure. That does not = cap dump.

People overuse terms way too often.

Kuzmenko has been bad under Tocchet. Really bad. It's unlikely the coach is going anywhere and Kuz at $5.5m is a massive chunk of cap for a player that is sat in the press box on a regular basis, especially considering this trade gets rid of that $5.5m for the upcoming off season when the Canucks have to sign Pettersson and Hronek who will both definitely expect pay increases.

On that contract, on that team, he had negative value, thus getting rid of him is a positive, thus it counts as a cap dump.
Jan. 31 at 9:20 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Two of those pieces will likely never sign an NHL contract. One of those pieces of overpaid for this year and next.

AND - one of these 'pieces' could be UFA come early April...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit